Hunting for a Hunter -76-

"Geez, it feels like we were just here." You mumbled while messaging your left shoulder after long class period. It was probably because you were just here at the gymnasium. Kalim, ever the excited male he is, insisted on practicing again for the auditions that were coming up so soon.

Ace hummed in agreement. "Yeah, but I heard that a lotta other guys have been practicing, too." He explained with his hands on his hips. Grim frowned at this and narrowed his eyes. "Those chumps better not be after the prize. Nobody takes my tuna!" The cat declared.

Shrugging, Jamil carefully adjusted his dark red, sleeveless hoodie of a gym uniform. "I suspect more of them are after a potential pro debut than prize money." The brunet commented dryly. Deuce hummed in thought. "Now that you mention it, they do all seem like they're in their element."

"Don't let them intimidate you," Jamil warned, "You've also made great strides with your singing ability. It's a far cry from when you started out sounding like a panicked elephant." Kalim vigorously nodded his head in agreement. "Mm-hm! You've also gotten better at holding a note. Vocal training isn't easy, and you put in the work. You all deserve a pat on the back!" With that, the white haired male rather harshly slapped a hand onto Deuce's back with a wide grin. The Heartslabyul student choked at the sudden impact.

Kalim continued. "Now, let's get back to it. Now we'll focus on doing the whole song from start to finish!" The trio saluted. "Yes, sir!" Rolling his eyes, Jamil got into his position at the front of the group. "Now, let's see how far you've come. Try to follow me and Kalim as much as you can."

Nodding, Ace let out an excited huff before pointing at Deuce. "Don't you dare mess up today, Deucey-boy." The strawberry blonde yelled. Deuce pursed his lips in determination. "I know. I'll show them everything I've learned!" He said firmly. Kalim waved a hand at him. "There you go getting all serious again. You gotta loosen up and have fun! Y/N, cue the music!"

With Kalim's permission, you tapped the play button on your phone. Halfway through the song, Kalim glanced back. "Wow! You guys have really improved. Nice!" He complimented. "Hey, I know. Why not try adding in something like this, too?" The white haired male suggested.

Waiting for the right moment in the song, Kalim firmly planted a hand on the floor and kicked his feet up in the air. The smile on his face and loose limbs made it seem effortless. Even the twist in his waist didn't seem to put a strain on him at all. Everyone, including yourself and minus Jamil, stared in amazement with starry eyes.

"Whoa! How did you do that?!" Deuce exclaimed as you clapped in enjoyment. Stretching out a hand, Kalim grinned. "You just hit the floor with your hand like "bam!" and raise your feet up. Easy!" The male stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Everyone sweat dropped at his explanation. "Uh, I think we're gonna need something a little more concrete than that." Ace mumbled. You shrugged at the redhead. "He's got the spirit."

Eventually the song came to a close, everyone quick to get into the right finishing positions. Huffing a bit, Grim smiled broadly. "Woohoo! We got the final pose down pat!" The cat exclaimed before jumping up. Deuce quickly looked towards the brunet mentor with hopeful eyes. "How did we do, Jamil?" He questioned eagerly.

Jamil tapped his chin in thought. "Well, you kept up with the music. Not bad. You've down well in such a short amount of time. Congratulations." The male said in an incredibly bland tone. Adding a bit of excitement to the praise, Kalim jumped in with his iconic smile. "Yeah, you can do it when you put your minds to it! Great job!" He cheered.

Deuce pumped his fist in victory. "Yes! I pulled off the whole dance without missing a step! And I didn't blank out on any song lyrics, either." He said in a puppy like excitement. You placed a palm to your cheek, smiling at the adorably excited male.