The Great Seven -8-

Crowley had come by early in the morning to drop off an apple for your breakfast and a uniform you would wear to clean. It was the average gray janitor uniform even you didn't much care for. However, you of course thanked him which caused him to go on a rant of how gracious he was.

You had asked Crowley that morning to turn on the water to which he responded with an of course. Obviously there was a caught which included no heating meaning you took a freezing cold shower that morning. Luckily you had found a small arrangement of hygiene products like a brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, and chapstick under the sink. However you would have to find a place to buy feminine products, especially for when shark week came around.

Now Grim and you were walking side by side through the front gates of the school and into Main Street. The school itself was large and majestic and almost had a medieval touch to it, but Grim seemed more focused on the statues lining the street.

"Wow, so this is Main Street, huh? This is incredible!" You nodded in agreement as you observed the seven statues around you. "I didn't get to see it much yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary. Like, this lady here looks like she's got some reeeal anger management issues." Grim said pointing to one of them.

You turned to look at her. She was a large woman what a heart on a stick in her. She also wore a large dress and a crown adorned the top of her head signifying she might be some sort of queen.

Before you could respond, a snarky voice beat you to it. "You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" They said. You turned around to face the boy. He had messy red hair and wore a uniform with a red vest. His eyes were also red and one of them most notably had a heart overtop it.

Grim cocked his head. "Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?" He asked. The boy gaped at you two. Just how stupid could you be? "She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago. She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step. She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her. You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!"

Decapitation you say. Reminds you of a certain redhead at orientation. "Wah! That is seriously messed up!" Grim shouted in shock. The boy grinned and nodded. "Pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan. I mean, who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?"

You raised an eyebrow. "People usually listen to them out of respect. Plus, that queen sounds a bit like a tyrant. That's the perfect reason for people to overthrow a form of government." You said going back to your days in middle school world history as you learned about America's departure from Great Britain.

The boy crossed his arms and glared at you. "What are you, a goody-two-shoes? But I guess I should expect that from a girl, right?" You blinked at him blankly and crossed your own arms. "That's a bit sexist, but okay." Grim stood up and nodded towards the boy. "I agree with him. A leader needs to be strong. But puttin' that aside... Who're you, now?"

The male dropped his glare and sent you mischievous smile you didn't quite trust. "Name's Ace. I'm a first year student here, as of... today! Pleased to meetcha!" He said cheerfully. Grim stuck his chest out. "I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy whos plannin' to be, like, the greatest mage who ever lived! ....That there's my far less interesting hench-human, Y/N L/N."

"Hi."

"Y/N, huh? Has a nic-odd ring to it." Ace said crossing his arms and looking away. You raised an eyebrow. Did that mean he liked it or he didn't? Whatever.

"Well, nice to meet you, too, Ace." You responded, putting aside the whole goody-two-shoes. To be fair, you'd stayed far away from trouble at your old school and your record was practically flawless.

Grim walked in front of you looking at Ace. "So tell me, Ace. Is that lion with a scar in the eye a famous ruler too?" He asked pointing to the lion perched up on what seemed to be a ledge. "Of course! That's the King of Beasts who ruled the savanna.
But he wasn't born into the throne - he had to earn it through hard work and elaborate schemes. When he became king, he decreed that the hyenas would be pariahs no more, and should live among his subjects as equals." Huh, so they allow animals to be rulers here, too. The more you know.

"Sounds like a great guy!" Grim exclaimed, "Not everyone's able to look past social status like that. Who's the lady with the octopus legs?" You turned your head to a busty woman with tentacles resembling an octopus holding a contract. "The Sea Witch who lived in an underwater grotto. She basically devoted her life to helping troubled merfolk. If they were willing to pay the price, she'd help them change their appearance, find love, whatever! They say she was so good, there was no wish she couldn't grant. They also say the price was a tad steep, though. But she was granting wishes! Of course it was!" Ace yelled.

"Myaha! So you're sayin' that once I'm a great mage, gettin' rich off folks will be a total cinch?!" Grim chirped. You put a hand on your hip and raised an eyebrow at him. "Grim..." You warned. He chuckled nervously before pointing at the next one. "Oh, oh! Do the dude with the big hat next!"

You smiled down at the cat. "It's actually called a turban. It's a cultural thing men usually wear on their heads." Ace almost rolled his eyes. Great, not only were you a goody-two-shoes, but also a nerd/know-it-all. At least you did have a little bit of bite to you. That he can respect.

"That's the Sorcerer of the Sands. He was an advisor to a total dolt of a sultan. He was a smart guy. Really capable sort. He exposed this swindler once - some guy pretending to be a prince in order to trick the princess! After that, he got this magic lamp and became the greatest sorcerer in the world. Then, they say... he used that power to become sultan himself!" You narrowed your eyes. "Sounds like this guy is more power hungry than anything." Ace pointed a glare your way.

Grim, being too dense to realize the tension, spoke again. "Wow! Guess it's true that a mage needs to be an excellent judge of character, huh? And what about this beauty over here?" He asked pointing to a beautiful woman. "She's a queen who was said to be the fairest in all the land. In fact, she used her magic mirror to check how she ranked on a daily basis! When it looked like her position was threatened, they say she'd do whatever it took to keep it. Can you even imagine the level of dedication it would require to keep a record like that? Also, they say she was a master of making poisons!" Your eyebrows furrowed. "That sounds a bit egotistical." You commented.

Grim shuttered. "Geez. She's pretty, but that sounds kinda scary." Ace tore his gaze away from you to look at Grim. "You think so? I gotta respect the hustle!" He cheered before turning back to look at you look at statues.

Grim nodded. "F-for sure... Sounds like she fought hard for what she believed in, and never gave up! And the one there, with the flaming head? Now THAT guy looks scary!" Honestly you though his fire hair looked super cool and didn't look scary as much as he did annoyed.

Ace threw a finger at the male with a smirk. "That's the King of the underworld! Single-handedly ruling a kingdom packed with rambunctious spirits - that takes competence! He may look scary, but he was a straight shooter who worked tirelessly at a tough job he never even asked for. I mean, this is the guy who was ordering Cerberus, the Hydra, and the Titans into battle for him." You grinned. Now that you could respect.

Grim nodded again, taking in the information. "Hmm. That IS something. T'think he could have that much power and not let it go to his head! And that last one there, with the horns?" Ace looked over at the last woman. "That's the Thorn Fairy who lived on a mythical mountain. She was noble and elegant, and a master of magic and curses - even by the standards of these seven!She commanded storms, covered the kingdom with thorns... She could use magic on a massive scale! She could even turn herself into a giant dragon."

You hummed in response, processing Ace's words. Ace's eye twitched in response. Seriously, what is with you? These people were some of the greatest, most powerful people in history and you have the audacity to undermine them on a few, tiny flaws they had. C'mon.

"Ooh. a dragon! What all monsters yearn to be!" Grim yelled causing you to turn to him. Ace chuckled. "Pretty cool, huh?
Not like some know-it-all girl and piddling weasel."

"Myah?!"

Ace: *Telling Y/N and Grim about the great seven.*
Y/N: *Not appreciating their schemes.*
Ace: Respect the drip, Karen.