First Fight -6-

"Wah! Your scream is makin' my ears bleed. Cut it out... But that look on your face is priceless. Bwahaha! Like a bat that got blasted by a water gun."

"E-Excuse me?"

"You're excused."

"No, I... never mind."

Now that your broom was on the ground from Grim's little prank, you walked over to the window he was perched on and lifted it up to let him in. Gracefully leaping inside, Grim shook his little gray body causing splashes of water to land on your robes. Deciding you weren't going to actually be needing them anymore, you folded them up and put them on the staircase railing. Now you had on a long black sleeve shirt, pants, and shoes.

"Y'know they kicked you out for a reason." You said in a bored tone as you shut the window. Grim scoffed. "As if I wouldn't just sneak back onto campus the second I escaped pryin' eyes. You all got no idea what I'm capable of! I ain't givin' up on goin' here just 'cause I got kicked out one measly ol' time. And if you think otherwise, you don't know Grim!" He shouted, finishing off his rant by standing on two feet and balling his paws up in the air. You giggled a little bit. He just looked so cute.

You cocked your head to the side while looking at Grim. "Why are you so determined to go here anyways?" You asked sincerely. This school seemed to be chaotic at best. And you've only been there an hour, most of it being in a coffin!

Grim rolled his eyes back to you. "Isn't it obvious?" He said annoyed. You curled in your lips and shook your head. "I was born to do this!" He yelled out, "I'm a magical prodigy who's got the makin's to become one of the greatest mages who ever lived!
So I've been waitin' and waitin' for that black carriage to come for me. And yet..." his face dropped, "Hrmph! That Dark Mirror's got no eye for talent!" Maybe because it doesn't have eyes at all.

Grim puffed out his chest. "That's why I took the initiative and came here myself. You humans don't understand what a mistake you're makin'! Not lettin' me in is a great loss to the world! Mrrao! C'mon, scoot over! I'm getting dripped on here! Bwah! Another hole in the roof! These flamin' ears are like my trademark, y'know? I can't let 'em get doused!" Grim complained before hiding behind your legs.

Looking up, you saw that the roof was indeed filled with holes. You sighed. "We best look for some buckets then." Maybe the supply closet you found earlier would have something. Grim followed behind you on all fours now. "I dunno why you don't just magic those holes away. You could have it fixed in half a jiff." He paused. "Ahhh, right. You can't use magic at all. Pffft, man you're useless."

You stopped to glare at Grim. "Just because I can't use magic doesn't make me useless. From what I remember, I helped caught you during the ceremony fiasco." Grim grumbled angrily in response. "Now, about those buckets."

As you entered the hallway yet again, you couldn't help but feel like their was something there. Almost like someone or something was watching.

"Woo."

You quickly turned back to the sound. "I think I heard something." You exclaimed to Grim. "Huh? What? All I hear is you." He restored. Before he could continue (probably to insult you) another voice joined the conversation. "Yee hee hee... Bwa ha ha ha ha ha. We haven't had visitors in ages! Oh, I'm just itchin' for new friends! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Before your very eyes, three ghosts appeared from the walls of the hallway. They were all wearing top hats and capes and were all white. One of them seemed to be plumper than the other two, one average sized, and the last was completely skinny. They looked almost cute and somewhat cartoony. "Ghosts?!" You and Grim yelled together.

"All the people who used ta live here got scared of us and ran away." The medium sized one said. The plump one nodded sadly. "We just want a new ghost to play with! What do you say, buddy?" Grim screamed and ran behind you. "Ah! Get away from me!" He shouted.