Acceptance... Arrow? -78-

The day after the auditions was long and tiring. So tiring in fact, Ace had fallen asleep in the middle of class despite your warnings for him to stay awake. "Trein caught me napping in Magic History. Now I've got extra homework!" The strawberry blonde complained next to you before hunching his shoulders.

Grim, who was also walking next to you on all fours, glared ahead of him. "He's using a sleep spell on us so he can load us up with more work. I just know it!" The cat cried. You just rolled your eyes at the two. "Or maybe, you two just don't know how to act." Deuce only sighed. "I put rubber band on my wrist to keep myself awake. Any time I start to get sleepy, I pull it back and snap it." He confessed.

Grimacing, Ace glanced over his shoulder. "That seem kinds drastic. Oh yeah, on another note... Isn't today the day they're announcing who passed the SDC auditions?" He asked. You nodded. "Yup. They said we'll either receive some news or no news. We just gotta wait it out." You said calmly.

Grim suddenly stopped and plopped himself on the ground with a pout. "It's almost lunch break, and we ain't got any news." He complained from the floor as you and your group stopped around him. Deuce scratched his cheek. "If we haven't gotten anything yet, do you think we're out?" He questioned while glancing up at you.

Giving him a tight smile, you gently patted him on the back. "C'mon. Let's give it some more time. You never know." You said reassuringly. After all, Rook was one of the judges so who knew what those two were thinking.

You pursed your lips as someone began to whistle. In fact, they whistled right near your ear. But, before you could blink, you realized it was indeed not a human but an arrow flying right at you, landing at your eye level just inches away. You stumbled back into the boys who quickly grabbed onto you with a shout as the arrow tip lodged itself into the stone wall of the school.

Everyone gasped. "WHOA!" Grim screamed out as he hugged your leg. Obviously he wasn't in any danger as he was only two feet tall, but still. Ace shook. "Wh-what was THAT?! What just flew by?!" He babbled out as he clutched onto your shoulder.

Deuce brought his hands up to touch his paper white nose, paled over in shock. "It buzzed past the tip of my nose!" The navy haired male cried. You immediately turned your head to look over the railing and into the courtyard, hoping to see whoever had just shot the arrow.

Upon seeing nothing, you turned back to the arrow in front of you. Grim gasped and pointed at the thin, wooden rod. "Myah! An arrow?! What if there's an assassin out for our blood?!" The feline cried as he hugged your leg even tighter.

The strawberry blonde next to you looked down at the cat with wide eyes. "Where do you think we are?! Wait, hold up. This arrow's got a note tied to it." He mumbled. Your eyes widened as you saw a paper tied tightly around the arrow's body. "You're right." You said.

Deuce gasped and cracked his knuckles, putting his "delinquent" face on. "Say what?! Is it a challenge?" He yelled out, already preparing to brawl. Ace sent the male a deadpanned look as you nervously stepped forwards. "You need to stop assuming everything's a fight." The strawberry blonde said in a blank tone.

Carefully, you grabbed onto the arrow and yanked it from the wall before slowly undoing the note tied to it. Letting the tie fall to the floor, you unwrapped the note and were soon greeted with pristine, black cursive letters. "Let's see," you began, "it's says, Thank you for taking part in the Song & Dance Championship auditions. The following two students have passed our rigorous screening process... Ace Trappola and Deuce Spade. Please report to the Pomefiore ballroom after school today." Your eyes widened into saucers. "Wait, what?"

Deuce blinked. "...We passed?" He asked slowly. Everyone stayed silent for a few minutes, staring at the note while half expecting it combust any second. Suddenly, the three boys around began shouting in unison. "WHAAAAAAA?!"