The Unbirthday Party -24-

You were on the ground. A soft, green grassed ground to be exact. You groaned, hand coming up to your eyes to block the harsh sunlight.

"Are you quite alright, Miss?!" A voice yelled in concern. You squinted and pulled your hand away from your eyes. Despite the bright light of the sun, you could make out two faces leaning over you in worry. One had a spade shaped face while the other's was in the shape of a heart.

The card-men from you dream!

Blinking a few times, you shifted to sit up. "Oh my hearts! We thought you had gone completely sane and fainted!" The ace of hearts yelled. You scooted back to add some space between you three. "H-Huh?" You questioned. "You're the cards from before." You whispered with wide eyes, shocked to see them again.

The two of spades shook his head. "Oh no. We're the cards from after." You tilted your head, confusion written over your face. "After? What do you mean?" The spade held up his head. "Before we were from before. After we're from now." He answered. You pursed your lips in thought.

Before either of them could get out another word, loud trumpets rang through the air. Two other cards ran into your section of the rose garden. The three of clubs and the four of diamonds. The three of clubs cleared his throat. "Announcing the Queen of Hearts!" He shouted.

The two cards next to you paled. "T-The queen!" They shouted in unison. You looked between them. "The queen?" You questioned. Suddenly, a large woman with a black and red dress with hints of yellow walked out from behind the bushes.

The woman from the great seven statues! The angry one to be exact.
Wait, if she was from the statue, does that mean she's the woman who threatened to... behead people?
Oh dear...

She hummed, holding her dress up from the ground as she pranced in with hundreds of other cards behind her. The two cards next to you quickly fell flat on the ground in a bow. Not knowing what to do, you followed their lead and quickly bowed along.

The queen hummed and batted her eyelashes. Then, before you could even blink, her face changed into a deep red as she stalked towards a rose bush. "Who's been painting my roses red?" She questioned in such a harsh voice, you simply had to flinch. "WHO'S BEEN PAINTING MY ROSES RED?!" She looked around. "Who dare to taint-with vulgar paint-the royal roses red? Someone will lose their head!"

The cards began shaking in fear. The ace of hearts pointed to the two of spades. "Oh no, Your Majesty, please! It's all his fault!
The spade shook his head. "Not me, your grace! The ace, the ace!" The Queen of Hearts looked over to him in question. "You?" The ace of hearts shook his head. "No, two!" She raised her eyebrows. "The deuce, you say?" The two shook his head again. "Not me! Not us three!"

The queen growled and shook her hands wildly. "That's enough! Off with their heads!" The three of clubs and four of diamonds walked up and began to haul the two cards off. Their terror stricken faces had done enough to cause you to jump up, holding your hands neatly in front of you. "W-Wait!"

She stiffened and slowly turned back to you. Her blank face made you shiver. "What was that, dear girl?" She questioned. "I-I said please wait... y-your majesty." You babbled with a messy curtsy. She straightened her back. "I do not wait for anyone. Who are you?" You blinked. "Y-Y/N, Y/N L/N, your highness."

"I AM THE HIGHNESS!" She screamed causing you to stumble back. "O-Of course! But you can't just... behead them!" You pleaded desperately. "You dare go against the queen's orders?!" She yelled angrily, stomping up into your face. "No! Not at all. But... perhaps you could give them... like... a trail...?"

The queen blinked a few times. "Trail? A trail? Oh my. Yes, indeed, a trail! We shall have a trail!" She announced. You sighed out in relief. "We shall have a trail for this young lady." Your eyes popped open in shock. "W-What?!" The queen ignored you. "And if she be found guilty... OFF WITH HER HEAD!"