Games -52-

I'm back~!
Sorry, english work has been suffocating me lately.
Anywho, let's get on with the drama.

You and the boys had only narrowly escaped the guard's wrath by flinging yourselves out the way you came. On the way out, you had passed by Ace who, surprisingly, still had the entrance guard occupied. "...And I just loved that story my Grandma read me about a human prince and a mermaid princess." The strawberry blonde cooed dreamily.

The guard grinned widely and nodded. "They made a movie out of that, you know. I saw it with my girlfriend when I was younger! That was just about thirty years ago. No matter how many times I see it, that scene of the princess coming back to her true love when they'd thought they'd never see each other again gets me every time." He said, wiping a small tear from his eye.

Ace sweat dropped, obviously not knowing the heck this dude was talking about. "I know, right?! That's, like, THE scene!" The liar exclaimed. The merman raised an eyebrow. "I'm surprised a kid your age has even watched it." He commented. Ace just shrugged. "Oh, my brother's a huge movie buff. That flick's top-tier. Soundtrack's legendary, too. Oh yeah, speaking of which—is it true that all merfolk are good singers?"

The guard waved a hand dismissively. "Oh, far from it. That's an old urban legend. One of my own classmates is so tone-deaf, their singing is like nails on a rockboard."

Grim whistled softly, seemingly impressed with the Heartslabyul student. "Ace is still goin' strong!" He exclaimed. Deuce put a hand to his chin and hummed. "I'm impressed he can carry on a conversation with a complete stranger for so long." You leaned closer to the navy haired boy with a smirk. "I think he's just good at lying." You said with a devious smirk. Deuce laughed.

Stretching out his fingers, Jack drew his shoulders back. "We got what we came for. We need to go, pronto." He said before giving Ace a slight wave. The strawberry blonde's eyes shifted over a bit before back to the guard. "Ah, look at the time. I think I'd better get going." He said with a shrug and frown.

The guard frowned sympathetically. "Aw, are you sure? Seeing as you're such a big merfolk fan and all, I wouldn't mind giving you a little sneak peek at the museum while it's closed." He said smiling. Ace shook his head. "Nah. That'd be cheating, and cheaters never prosper," he said, y'know like liar. "I'll be sure to check the museum hours before I mosey down here again. Later, man!" He said before turning and swimming away with a wave.

The man waved back. "Feel free to come back anytime! It's not every day you meet a nice young fellow like that." Ah, if only he knew.

Ace eventually came back to the group with a smug smirk. "So, how'd it go on your end?" He questioned. Grim chuckled evilly, hopping out of your arms and swimming up into the middle of the group. "Photo acquired! Myeh heh heh. Couldn't have been easier." He said proudly.

"Great. Let's head back to campus, then." Ace said, nodding his head in the direction you came from. Deuce moved the picture underneath his arm and pounded a fist into his palm. "Right. I can't wait to shove this picture right in Azul's smug face." He said with a daring smirk.

Not yet. There was still one more factor to your plan that was essential for the overall plan to work.

Worry fluttered through your body with the thought they may not show up. Although, that quickly diminished when a long, almost familiar, dark teal tail wrapped around your torso and pulled you back into a hard chest. Now several feet away from your group, two lean yet muscular arms wrapped around you.

"Shrimpy~!" A gleeful voice sang from closely behind you. The three boys (plus cat) in front of you gasped. "Ah!" They all shouted as you gulped. Yes, the twins being here was part of the plan, but still, being manhandled by them wasn't a needed component in it.