A Suspect -34-

"Why is it so cold?" You mumbled to yourself while raising from the ground only to realize it was in fact not your bed. You blinked, looking around to take in your surroundings with a sigh. "Another dream..." You muttered in disbelief before finally standing up. Guess this was your life now.

The air around you was damp, and the surroundings were dark. A cave perhaps... It was cold, too. A chill going up through your spine. Suddenly there was voice coming into the cave causing you to quickly move and hide behind a rock. There were three voices, all men, and all raspy and strange.

"Man, that lousy Mufasa! I won't be able to sit for a week!" One cried as he looked at his rear which littered in scratches. You quietly gasped, realizing they were not humans, but hyenas. Another behind him laughed. He sounded completely unhinged. The one with scratches on his behind sneered. "It's not funny, Ed." He hissed.

So the crazy eyed one was Ed. Now to find out who the other two were. Ed laughed louder, falling onto his back. "Hey, shut up!" The one in front cried. The first one suddenly attacked Ed, bringing him to the ground. "Will you knock it off!" The third one yelled while stepping forwards.

Suddenly he stopped, eyes widened as he sniffed the air. "Wait... we're not alone..." He whispered. Your eyes widened in fear as you hid yourself further into the rock. The one who had tackled Ed looked over in confusion. "Huh? What'd ya mean, Shenzi?" They asked. Alright, so Shenzi was the big one with only some hair on his head... or fur?

Shenzi started sniffing the ground, making a zigzagged trail over to you. You closed your eyes, hoping he would get distracted, bored, or knocked off your trail. "Ah! Here it is!" They cried. Before you could even open your eyes, sharp teeth gripped onto your sleeve and pulled you to the ground in front of the other two hyenas.

You could only give them a weak, nervous smile. "H-Hi?" You questioned as Ed began to laugh even more. The nameless one smirked. "Well what do we have here? A human! Ya think Scar knows she's here?" They asked. Shenzi laughed from behind as you scrambled to stand up. "Maybe he got here a treat for us. Fresh meat for once, huh?" They snickered. You immediately shook your head. "N-No! I'm not food." You told them. The nameless one grinned. "That's what they all say."

Blinking, you came to a sudden realization. "You guys... speak?" You asked. The three looked over to you in question before they suddenly burst out laughing. "Of course we speak. How'd ya think we talked? Hyena?!" The nameless yelled as he continued to laugh. You crossed your arms, unpleased from how they're laughing at you.

Shenzi wiped his eyes. "Geez, you're funny, girl. What's your name?" He asked. You blinked, putting your hands at your sides. "Y/N. You?" Shenzi smirked. "My name Shenzi, over there is Banzai, and the dumb one still laughing is Ed." You nodded.

Banzai rolled his eyes, blowing some hair out of his face as he glared over at Ed. "Look at you. No wonder we're dangling at the bottom of the food chain." He said coldly at Ed. Shenzi sneered. "I hate dangling."

You raised an eyebrow, putting a hand to your hip in the process. "But aren't you guys predators?" You asked, curious to what their response may be. "Shyeah? You know, if it weren't for those lions, we'd be runnin' the joint." Shenzi scoffed with a cold look.

Suddenly you felt a weight push against you leg, rolling onto his back. You looked down and smiled, seeing Ed laughing while staring at you with his tongue out. Though unable to speak, you knew exactly what he wanted. Bending down, you began to scratch his tummy causing him to let out a joyful laugh.

Banzai sat down, flinching as his scratched up behind met the cold ground. "Yeah. Man, I hate lions." He mumbled.

"So pushy."