Busted! -69-

To celebrate the 69th chapter, this is basically just the Octo-Trio cockblocking Jamil.🤭

9:45 A.M.
Studying

"Yes! I think I managed to memorize a spell I was having trouble with!" Kalim exclaimed in glee as he pumped his arms in the air. You clapped in celebration. "See, that wasn't so hard. I knew you could do it." You said before putting your hands on your hips and smiling at the white haired male.

He chuckled, a bright, but almost bashful grin crossing over his face as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Aw, thanks! I couldn't have done it without you guys." The housewarden replied with pink dusting his cheeks.

A book suddenly snapped shut, hence catching your attention. It had appeared Jamil was the cause of it as he was holding a closed book on potions in his hand. "Y/N, would you mind helping me with a certain brew? It's been giving me trouble recently." He requested calmly despite a slightly tensed jaw.

Smiling, you began to make your way over. "Oh, of course." You responded. However, Azul suddenly blocked your path with a close eyed grin. "You needn't do that, Y/N. Since Jamil and I share that class, it would be beneficial for the both of us to study together. Surely I can give him cues on the information. Why don't you go back and continue helping Kalim." He explained.

Behind him, Jamil jumped, slightly taken aback by the octopus' sudden desire to help. You raised an eyebrow at the sliver haired male before shrugging. "Yeah, you could probably do a better job than me. Thanks, Azul." You said before giving the two a slight wave and going back to sit next to Kalim.

Azul turned around with the same false smile, now directing it at Jamil. "So, what was the exact potion you're having trouble with?" Jamil's lips tightened into a frown before sending him a stiff smile.

12:00 A.M.
Training

Standing up straight, Azul adjusted his gym uniform shirt before beginning his announcement. "Proper exercise is critical to honing a more efficient mind for study. However, overstraining yourself will have an adverse effect." He informed calmly. Jade nodded solemnly. "Mock battles are a good way to exercise while venting stress."

Floyd threw his head back in a sudden laugh. "Aha ha! I'm in the mood to cut loose, so count me in!" He put his hand to his chin as he looked around. "Hmmm, who to fight?" The eel mumbled as several Scarabia student sweat dropped before quickly retreating from Floyd's line of vision.

Jumping forwards, Kalim put his hands on his hips and smiled brightly. "All right, split into teams of five and let the melee begin! Aha ha! Mock bottles really are fun. And they're a great way to gauge the results of your training." He orderly kindly. The Scarabia students grinned back and nodded. "Yes, sir!"

Next to you, Jamil sighed. You glanced over from where you had been watching Grim do warmup stretches next to you (which was really just him on his back trying to reach his feet to no avail) and raised an eyebrow. "Not a fan of melee?" You questioned.

Jamil hummed before glancing over at you. "Mm? Oh, it's not that. It's just... I haven't done it... in such a long time. I must be rusty." He drew out, almost as if unsure of what he was saying.

Sighing, you know shoved your hands into your gym uniform pockets. "Don't worry. I'm sure you're much better than me." You responded with a little frown. Jamil glanced over, an idea suddenly popping into his head. "Well, if that's the case, perhaps you and I should—"

Unfortunately, he never got to finish as an ear splitting shout echoed through the air. "Shrimpy!" Floyd cried as he flung himself forwards, hence knocking Jamil back. "Gah!" The latter cried in shock as he quickly struggled to regain his balance.