Sea Scandal -42-

"And this one was when Jack was showing how to do a proper plank." You explained while pointing at the photograph. Deuce put a hand to his chin, nodding in interest. "Wow, Y/N. You're really taking this photographer gig seriously." He said. You lightly flushed in embarrassment. "Yeah... Thanks, though. Not like Crowley gave me much of a choice." You mumbled.

Suddenly footsteps echoed down the hall. You and Deuce looked up right as Ace and Grim rounded the corner. "Hold it right there, Grim!" Ace yelled with an accusing finger. "You're not gettin' off easy today, you hear me?!" You put the photograph back in your bag just before Grim hopped into your arms, Ace sliding to a stop shorty after.

"Myeh heh heh! Maybe you shoulda put your name on it if you wanted it that bad!" Grim teased with his tongue out. Ace growled. "Why you...!" Sighing, you looked between the two males. "What happened this time?" You questioned. Deuce tilted his head. "Seriously, don't they ever get tired of this?"

Ace ignored him, turning to you with big, hopeful eyes. "Hey, Y/N! You're the prefect, so do some prefecting!" He ordered before turning to glare at Grim. "This lousy furball swiped the doughnut I bought and ate it! AGAIN!" Grim scoffed, crossing his paws over his chest. "I didn't steal nothin' I just saw a snack left abandoned on a desk and gave it a home outta the goodness of my heart." He shot back.

The strawberry blonde's eye twitched. "It's not abandoned if it's on somebody's desk! If you're gonna keep runnin' your mouth, I've got some wind magic up my sleeve with your name on it." Ace threatened while grabbing his magic pen. Grim smirked. "Oh YEAH? Try me! I've got fire magic ready to—"

"You guys do remember what happened last time you fought, right?" You interrupted with an unamused eyebrow raised. The two males stiffened. "...Erk!" They both yelped before Ace turned away sheepishly, slowly putting his pen back onto his overcoat. "Y'know what? I think I'll skip the magic today. I don't wanna get sent to wash even MORE windows." He mumbled.

Grim only gulped. "H-Heh. For once, I think you've got the right idea. I'd be embarassin' myself if I was the only one usin' magic, so I'll let you off easy this time." He responded in the same low, nervous tone.

Deuce raised his eyebrows at the two, slightly surprised by the outcome. "Wow. It's not every day I see you two de-escalate one of your fights so quickly. Normally, you go at it until the classrom's blasted to bits and the headmage comes storming in. Or at least when Y/N yells at you to." He said with a small laugh. Ace glared at him. "Hey, what kinda punk would I be if I started fighting with a weasel over one lousy doughnut?" He asked in defense before beginning to walk to class.

Grim growled at him from your arms. "Why do you always have to get in one last smart remark?!" He shouted.

Once you made it into the classroom, Mr. Crewel walked in front of the room, clearing his throat for attention. "It's time for class to start, whelps. Get to yours seats. First, I'll pass back your tests." He announced. Deuce sat up, face stern as he gulped. "This is it—the moment of truth." He mumbled nervously.

The cat sitting in your lap jumped up, making grabby paws at the teacher. "Myah hah! Gimme! Gimme! I want that test, Prof!" He yelled at the teacher as you tried to pull him back. "Settle down, Grim. Stay. STAY!" The man shouted with a glare. "I'll call you by your class number. Number one!"

Eventually everyone got their tests, you and Grim being the last to receive yours. Ace let out a large laugh. "SWEET! I got a 92!" He exclaimed proudly. Deuce grabbed at his hair, eyes racking over the test in shock. "I got an 88! I never thought I'd see the day I scored over 80." He mumbled in disbelief.

The monster bounced in your lap, smile spreading across his face. "Check it out, Y/N! I got an 85!" You smiled at him. "Great job, Grim!" You cheered. "And great job to you as well, puppy. The highest in the class of course." Crewel said handing you your own test, a confident and proud smile taking over your face.