Failed Escape -62-

Silk nightwear lay out on the chair next to you, however you opted to stay in your normal uniform, laying flat on the soft bed Scarabia had provided for you. Hands folded over your chest, you stared blankly at the ceiling.

So many questions rushed through your mind. For one, why had Kalim acted like that? Riddle also had a temper, but he outright expressed it. Kalim was a different story. One minute he was sunshine and rainbows, and the very next, a storm.

Grim sat by you in bed, an annoyed pout placed over his small face. "Maaaan, I TOLD you not to fall for Jamil's ploy! You know this is gonna be a whole debacle, Y/N. Why'd you have to sign us both up for it?! This is Scarabia's problem. They can take care of their own business." He complained loudly.

Sighing, you glanced over at the cat. "I found myself agreeing before I could think better of it..." You confessed with a frown. You weren't sure what you would say if you had time to process the choices, but with Jamil's face so close to your's, you didn't have much of a mind to think with.

Grim groaned and rolled back dramatically. "Sheesh. You can't say no to anything! You're a real sap sometimes, you know that." The cat suddenly shivered. "Then again, when you bare your teeth it's no joke... Anyway, I've had enough of gettin' dragged into shenanigans. Let's give 'em the slip while we can and head back to Ramshackle Dorm!"

Raising up from your laid out position, you nodded. "Yeah, alright. Surely we can leave whenever we want, right? I mean, if they keep us here against our will, that'll be kidnapping." You babbled nervously, gently scratching your cheek while avoiding eye contact with Grim who just looked back at you with an unimpressed expression.

"Y/N, I think you forgot what kind of school this is. Anyways, first we gotta get to the mirror connected to the school..." The cat mumbled as he nudged the door open with his paw. Both of you peeked into the hallway, letting out sighs of relief when no one was situated in the hall.

Slowly, you further pushed the door open. "Alright, I think the coast in clear." You muttered before stepping out of the room. Just as you did that, your feet caught onto a thin string, tied to two pillars on either side of your room, causing bells situated on it to begin to ring.

The electric blue eyes behind you widened. "Wha-! Y/N! I thought you said the coast was clear!" Grim screamed. You whipped your head around to give him a slight glare. "I was looking for people, not alarm systems!" You defended yourself with a huff.

There was a herd of footsteps just around the corner, seemingly closing in on your position. Before you could even shut yourself and Grim back into the room, three Scarabia students popped out from around the corner with glares. "Hey! You think you can just leave the dorm?!" One with red haired yelled out.

Another with purple hair nodded. "For the duration of winter break, nobody leaves the dorm for any reason unless they've got the housewarden's permission. Period." He claimed. The third one pointed to you and Grim. "Seize them!"

With a grimacing face, you bent over, scooped up Grim with one hand, and began running. The three boys gasped before going after you. "After them! Hold it right there, scoundrel!" They yelled. Grim peered back at them and threw his arms out. "Oh, for cryin' out loud!" He grumbled angrily.

You glanced at Grim while making a sharp left turn, the Scarabia students less than a yard away from you. "Grim, hold them off a bit, would ya?" You exclaimed hurriedly, trying to focus on your footing. Grim smirked. "Got ya!" The feline said before taking a deep breath and letting out a large gust of blue flames.

The three boys shouted in shock before quickly backing up in order not to be burned. You grinned as the distance between you guys widened. "Nice going, Grim!" You complimented. Before the cat could answer, a boy behind began shouting. "Settle down and submit quiety, you grey little street rat!" He yelled while pointing an accusing finger at Grim.