Into the Mines -12-

The rocks to the entrance of the mine was coated in thick moss. The mine itself was nearly pitch black and rather damp on the inside. You shivered. Who knows what's in there? Grim shuttered. "You wanna go inside THERE? It's pitch black!" He screeched as you held him closer.

Ace turned to smirk at him. "What, are you scared of the dark? Pathetic." You quickly stuck out your leg to discreetly hit his foot, sole of your shoe hitting right on his ankle. Ace yelped and grabbed his foot, jumping up and down on one leg. You rolled your eyes, knowing you put barely any effort into it.

Grim stuck his chin out and pulled himself out of your arms. "Myah?! I'm not scared of anything! I'm taking the lead. You all follow me!" He declared before stomping into the mine. Deuce and you shared a look of uncertainty before shrugging and walking in side by side. Ace glanced up from holding his foot only to see you several feet ahead of him with the cauldron guy making him drop his foot and start running to your other side.

The interior of the mine was unnerving. It was dark and damp as you saw from the entrance and the entire cave was held up with rotting wood. However, each wall you saw was lined with beautiful different colored gemstone ranging from green to red to blue. Unfortunately, they weren't the magestone you were looking for.

Deuce stopped halfway through the mine. "Huh? Hold up!" He said suddenly. Ace groaned and rolled his head around. "What now?" The navy blue haired boy pointed to something. "There's something there!" You and Ace turned your head to look into the dark tunnel of the mine. Grim jumped back. "Myah?!"

Beyond the darkness, a few chuckles rang out. "Hee hee hee hee! Visitors! The first in ten years!" The four of you gasped and stepped away from the voices. The other thing, whatever it was, giggled. "Do make yourselves at home... You can stay forever!"

Suddenly two ghosts appeared from the darknesses, but you weren't able to get a good look at them. They quickly flew right in between you and Ace causing the both of you to stumble back. They laughed as they disappeared down the tunnel. Ace yelped again as he steadied himself before falling over. You weren't so lucky as you tripped over your own feet and nearly landed on the ground if it hadn't been for Deuce who quickly caught you with one hand on your upper arm and the other steadying your shoulder. Out of instinct, you started stupidly shuffling your feet to stand back up, back still to his chest as he stumbled a bit as well.

Your face burned over. Whether it was from embarrassment or being so close to an attractive male, you couldn't tell. You twisted your head up to look at Deuce's worried face. "Y/N! Are you alright?" He cried out in worry. You coughed while looking away before trying to untangle yourself from him. "U-Uh, yeah. I'm f-fine." Deuce seemed confused at your tone before realizing he was practically holding you to him.

As if you were fire (because damn, you are hot - Note from author) he yanked himself away, stumbling backwards as you brushed off your pants in embarrassment. "I-I'M SO SORRY!!!" He shouted with a scarlet red face. "Oh seven, my mom would be so disappointed..." He mumbled to himself sadly.

Feeling bad, you offered a small, grateful smile, still red in the face yourself as you scratched the back of your neck. "It's fine. I probably would have fell without you anyways." You said. His bright eyes looked up at you in uncertainty. "Are you sure?" He questioned guiltily, seeming to have forgotten the little mishap. You gave him a firm nod.

As he thanked you, Ace stood behind the two of you, a sour look planted on his face. His arms crossed and his right foot patted against the ground. He scoffed. First of all, ew. What a bunch of saps. What's next? You two kiss? He silently gagged, yet his fists still clenched shut. Really, Y/N, a momma's boy?

Also, why were you so nice to him? The guy who literally hit him with a cauldron. Okay, sure, he said a few... less than kind things the first time you met, but still.