Apple Juice and Skin Care -80-

"Mira, Mira. Tell me something." Vil demanded slowly. His phone's screen lit up. "What would you like me to look up?" Mira's polite voice answered back. With pursed lips, Vil took a deep breath. "Who, at this moment, is the most beautiful of all?" He questioned with a blank face.

The phone processed for a moment before coming to life again. "Displaying results for account with the most comments using the word 'beautiful': Neige LeBlanche." It answered calmly. The beautiful blonde only clenched his phone tighter, his Adam's Apple bobbing at the very thought.

Scoffing, Vil put his phone away. "Just you wait, Neige... You won't be resting on your laurels for much longer." He hissed in pure hatred.

"Vil, are alright?" A curious but soft voice questioned next to him. The Pomefiore housewarden shook his head, ridding his mind of the flashback. "Fine," he answered, "don't worry about me. Now we really must get rehearsal started." The blonde said with no room to debate. You pursed your lips, clearly not believing him, but shrugged. "Just... take a break when you need to." You warned gently before walking back to your position near the music player.

Sighing, the blonde clapped for everyone's attention. "I will announce the main vocalists and backup dancers. I personally made these selections based on a review of your performance at auditions. In the event that any of you improve between now and showtime, we may make some alterations to the lineup. So if you weren't selected for main vocals, you should consider those positions up for grabs. First, the main vocalists will be Jamil, Epel, and myself." Vil announced calmly.

Kalim gasped a clapped his hands in excitement for his friend. "Oh, wow! Nice going, Jamil!" He cheered. You sent then brunet a smile as well even though he seemed shocked with Vil's choice. "You want ME on main vocals?" He exclaimed, thrusting a thumb to his chest in surprise.

Vil raised an eyebrow at him. "Yes. Do you have a problem with that?" The housewarden asked. Jamil quickly shook his head. "Oh, far from it. I just think Kalim would be more suited for-" As you were next to him, you lightly kicked his foot to remind him he didn't need to do that anymore. Eyes widening in realization, Jamil gulped and sent the beautiful male a firm nod. "...You know what? Never mind. I'm on it. I'll endeavor to meet all of your expectations." The brunet said determinedly.

Hesitantly, Epel stepped forwards, slowly fiddling with his fingers. "Um, if I may? I don't think I'm cut out for this. I think, maybe... someone else would be a better pick." The lavender haired male suggested slowly. Vil only glared at him. "You don't get a say in the matter. Have you forgotten the agreement we made when you enrolled? I need you to be the poison apple that brings him down."

Pouting, Epel clenched his fists at his sides. "...Yes, sir." He mumbled begrudgingly. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion and concern at the scene. Poison apple? What was that supposed to mean. Was it supposed to be Pomefiore slang or something? Also, what deal was Vil talking about? Despite the questions that flooded your mind, you opted to stay silent.

Meanwhile, Ace groaned in annoyance. "Aw, man. I got bumped outta main vocals..." The strawberry blonde complained. "But if you keep working, you might rise up and win it back, right? Ooh, this is gonna be great!" Kalim clapped in excitement. "Looks like the rest of us are in the backup chorus and dance team. Let's give our lead singers a run for their money!"

Rook cheered with him. "Excellent, Roi Doré! Your positivity brightens the team like the warming rays of a radiant sun." The Frenchman complimented. The Scarabia housewarden laughed. "We have to make the dancing and singing fun for both the performers and the viewers." He stated.

"Let's be clear—despite the word "main," the main vocalists are not the stars, nor are the chorus members mere supporting characters," Vil began to explain, "You should ALL consider yourselves stars in this ensemble, and treat your job accordingly. Now that you all have your assignments, we can begin rehearsing in earnest. Pay close attention to my movements and try to emulate them." He closed his eyes and snapped. "Manager." You deadpanned but clicked play to start the music nevertheless.