NRC Cafeteria -20-

After picking out your food (the cheapest you could find), Ace, Deuce, and you with Grim in your arms sat at a nearby empty table. "So, I saw your guys' dorm, but what are the other ones like?" Grim questioned, looking up at his two fellow freshman.

Suddenly you felt a presence from behind, swiftly appearing right next to you causing a small gasp to escape your lips. "I'm sure you're familiar with the statues of the Great Seven? Night Raven College has a dorm themed after each one." A cheery voice informed. "Oh! Cater!" You squeaked in surprise as he slid into the seat next to you.

He smiled as Ace pointed at him. "Bwah! You're that guy from this morning!" The redhead yelled in recognition. Cater kept his smile, a hand coming up to give him a peace sign. "Tricked is such an ugly word. Do you think I wanted to spend MY morning painting roses? It's dorm policy! I was just following orders." He responded.

Deuce put his hands on his hips, frowning at Cater. "And grinning like a fiend all the while." The orange haired male simply gave him a mischievous smile and shrugged. "Now, now, Deucey. Outside of the dorm, I don't care what rules you follow. Here, I'm just a friendly mentor figure!" He said with an arm stretched out.

The navy haired boy groaned. "Please. Do NOT call me Deucey."

"Ah ha ha. That's how Cater shows he cares." The five of you looked over at the approaching male. Cater's face seemed to be the only one that held recognition.

The guy was tall, but had a low voice. His skin was pale which went oddly well with his dark green hair. Black glasses sat on the bridge of his nose with a small painted on clover over his cheek. Not to mention his honey yellow eyes held a sort of mature mischief in them. In other words, he was quite handsome.

Ace raised an eyebrow. "And who are you?" The green haired male smiled, closing his eyes in the process. "Ah, I should introduce myself. The name's Trey. Trey Clover. I'm a third-year at Heartslabyul, like Cater here." He turned to you. "And you must be Y/N, the new prefect from that dump of a- ah, I mean, the "rustic" dorm"." You sighed. "No, it's pretty much a dump."

The male smiled sympathetically. "I heard the whole story from Cater. Thanks for looking out for our boys yesterday." He said kindly before sitting across from you and next to Ace.

Ace eyed the male warily. "I don't recall inviting you to sit with us..." You rolled your eyes at him. "Anyone can sit anywhere they'd like, Ace." You said calmly. Cater chuckled and rested an arm on the table. "What the girly said. Plus, we're all from the same dorm, right? Let's try to get along. Here, gimme your digits." He said taking out his phone.

You put your hands in your lap and looked over to Cater. "I don't have a phone." The boy gasped out in utter shock as if you had just confessed to murder. "For real? I've read about luddites like you, but never imagined I'd meet one in the wild! I know a place that sells the latest models cheap. How about you and I go on a phone-shopping date?" He said wrapping an arm around your shoulders causing you to raise an eyebrow.

Ace and Deuce bolted forward in their seats. "What?!" They yelled. No way were they going to let a guy you just met and tricked your group into doing his chores get to go on a date with you. At least, not before them. All of this while you wondered what luddites were.

Trey laughed, looking over at his orange haired friend. "Cater. You're freaking out the freshmen. Maybe take it down a notch?" He suggested. Cater laughed and unwrapped his arm from you to grab his burger. "Ha! Sorry! I can get a little extra sometimes. What were we talking about... The dorms, yeah? Ah, what fun to mentor new students! Go ahead, A-M-A."

Ace calmed down, leaning back in his chair. "Before you get into the other dorms, I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about ours. Like, what's the deal with all this "Queen of Hearts rule number whatever" junk?" He questioned.