Atlantica Memorial Museum -51-

It seemed like a good idea beforehand.

At least, that's what Epel thought.

Just before class had begun, the lavender haired boy had accidentally stumbled upon a conversation between you and his big, wolf classmate, Jack. You had the biggest smile on your face, excited and knowing, happily bouncing up to Jack with that weird looking gremlin-cat in your arms.

Not wanting to be seen, he quickly jumped to hide behind a wall just close enough to hear you behind.

"Jack! There you are. I've been looking for you all over." You exclaimed to him. Epel didn't miss how the lightest tint of pink crossed over the wolf's cheeks in that moment. "Sorry," he mumbled, "I went for a morning run. What's up?" The cat in your arms smirked. "The great Grim has come up with a plan to beat Azul and his goons!" He exclaimed while pumping a fist up. You only deadpanned. "The great Grim, huh..." You said with a blank eyebrow raise.

The male's eyes widened. "Really?! How?" Jack asked eagerly. Suddenly, your face became solemn. "Well, we found a way to get the Leech brothers out of Octavinelle, but... we'll need another underwater breathing potion to pull it off." You admitted. Jack's shoulders hunched. "But we used the one Azul gave us to the last drop." He mumbled.

Letting out a small huff, you shifted to hold Grim in one arm only to put a gentle hand over Jack's lower arm with a determined smile. "We'll figure it out. I did it with Heartslabyul and Savanaclaw. What's one more, right?" You said with a twinkle in your eye. Epel leaned his head out just a bit more from behind the wall he was peering out from to admire you. It was like your eyes were shining.

Your companion let out a short, breathy laugh. "Seems so, huh? Bell's about to ring. I'll see ya after class." Jack said. Grim furrowed his eyebrow into a glare. "You better be there." He threatened. You just smiled. "Bye, Jack." You said softly.

Just as you two had turned to part ways, Epel threw himself against the wall, a fuzzy feeling blooming in his chest. This was perfect! The great seven had to have planned this since it was almost too good to be true. You needed an underwater breathing potion and he just so happened to be in the dorm specifically specializing in potions. For the first time, Epel was somewhat glad he got into Pomefiore. Kinda. Meh...

Puffing out his chest, he began his way to his classroom, a plan already forming in his mind.

Meanwhile, you thought back to this morning as you headed to Mr. Crewel's class. You'd woken up to light pouring into Leona's room, lightly shifting in the blankets that laid under you. Wait... these weren't your blankets. Or the blankets from the couch at least.

Sitting up, you glanced over to the couch where Grim was sprawled out on his back, softly snoring in bliss. So... if you weren't on the couch, where were you? Wait... oh no.

"Mornin', herbivore. Sleep well...? in my bed." A lazy voice drew out from the other end of the bed. You looked over to see Leona with his hands behind his head, upper body leaning against several flush pillows. You blinked a few times, noting how you had seemed to have fallen asleep on the end of his bed. "Huh. You could have just moved me, you know." You said while stretching out. Leona only shrugged. "Didn't feel like it."

He suddenly looked over again, a stern glare full of empty threats on his face. "Just remember that come sundown, I'm kicking you guys out, no matter how this goes down. Have your things packed and ready to go." He demanded. You just laughed. "Relax. I'm sure this plan will go perfectly fine." You said with a smile before frowning and leaning over to Leona's bedside to knock on the wood just in case.

Grim suddenly sprung to life at the noise. "Who's there?!" He demanded in a stiff stance, eyes darting to the door. Leona just rolled his eyes and head back into the cushions. "And there goes a peaceful morning..."