Dorm Guests -79-

"Y'know Y/N, this is the most sweeping I've seen you do since we got here!" Grim observed from his curled up place on the couch. You sighed. "I just want to get this place looking... presentable. After all, Vil seems to have an eye for nitpicking at the the little things. So much so I had to shove the ghosts up in the attic." You mumbled irritatedly.

Grim blinked at you before stretching out. "Sounds like you just want to impress the sparkly trio." He said blankly. Red-faced in embarrassment, you adamantly shook your head in denial before glaring at the cat. "Grim! Would you rather have Vil make you clean up this entire dorm just because it wasn't to his liking?" You interrogated sharply. He suddenly sweat dropped. "Actually... you've got a point."

To be honest, you had spent the afternoon after the fiasco at Pomefiore preparing Ramshackle for guests. Speaking of guests, there was several knocks at the door right as you put your broom away. "They're here." You warned Grim who jumped down from his spot on couch to welcome them with you.

Taking a quick breath and dusting off your shirt, you opened the door to see Rook front and center. "Bonjour, Y/N. Grim. We shall be availing ourselves of your hospitality. Thank you for having us." The male said with delight. Grim just rolled his eyes. "Whatever it takes to get that tuna." He mumbled under his breath.

Smiling, you opened the door for them to walk in. "Of course. Glad to have you guys." You said politely, leaving the part about kinda being bribed into it out. Vil looked around the hallway with pursed lips. "My. It's certainly cleaner than I was expecting." He confessed slowly. You puffed your chest out in pride at being able to hide Ramshackle's more messy parts. By all means, it wasn't lavish or intricate like the other dorms, but it was your's and you rather liked it.

Meanwhile, Epel looked around the house in wonder. So this is where you lived. He didn't know why, but it fit you. Suddenly, he accidentally caught your gaze. Cheeks flushing pink, he sent you a polite but small wave. "Hello..." He mumbled out weakly. You smiled at him. "Hi, Epel. Nice to see you." You greeted. He bit his lip and fumbled with his fingers. "L-Likewise."

Moving to the lounge, Kalim beamed at the sight around him and put his hands on his lips. "Wow, the ceilings are so low in here. I'd hit my head if I tried to ride my magic carpet around." The housewarden commented. Jamil sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as he sat down. "Maybe don't fly indoors at all. Y/N, would you mind letting me take a room adjacent to his? This dorm is less secure than Scarabia, since you don't have to pass through a mirror to get here."

Winking at him, you nodded. "It's already been arranged." You said. After all, you expected no less from the vigilant brunet. Kalim waved a hand over at Jamil. "You're so paranoid, Jamil. We haven't had a single assassination attempt on campus since I enrolled." He said, undermining the whole Scarabia overblot incident.

Jamil sat up and glared at him. "Okay, first of all, an arrow nearly hit you this morning," he momentarily turned his glare towards Rook, "and it's not you I'm worried about; it's me, if anything happens to you. Just because you were safe yesterday doesn't mean you'll be safe today."

The front door suddenly burst open and in came the two Heartslabyul students. You sweat dropped, not noticing they weren't in the bunch. Although, it was oddly quiet. That should have tipped you off. Ace threw an arm around your shoulder. "Hey, guys!" He exclaimed.

Deuce stepped up next to you with two white boxes in his hold. "Thanks for having us, Y/N. Here, these are from Trey." The navy haired male said before handing them over to you. Grim gasped and looked up at the boxes with sparkling eyes. "Ooh, what's in the boxes? I smell a sweet treat!" The feline drew out in interest.

Ace shrugged. "It's a homemade chocolate cake and some apple pie, courtesy of Trey. He said if we were imposing on another dorm's hospitality, we should at least bring gifts. What is he, our mom? We can split it with everybody later." Grim rubbed his paws together while laughing evilly. "Myah hah! You can always count on Mr. Shrewd Specs to do the thoughtful thing." He commented lowly.