Chasing Trouble -10-

"I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!" Grim complained as you both trailed your feet into the cafeteria. You secretly rolled your eyes as he walked ahead. You entire day consisted of sweeping, wiping, and dusting while Grim hung around next to you complaining on how hungry he was and how unfair it was that he had to clean window with Ace. But to be fair, he did help you with cleaning smaller spaces.

You blew some loose strands of hair from your head/blew out some hair and looked at Grim. "Try and learn from this experience. Maybe next time don't get into fights with rude freshmen." Grim grumbled in response before whipping his head back to you. "What's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait, after what he did... Grrr!"

Looking around, you saw that the cafeteria was indeed devoid of any life aside from you and Grim. "Huh. And I thought we were late. We might as well just wait here for a few minutes or so." You said before sitting on one of the lunch table benches and rested your chin in your hands, legs together and elbows on your knees. Grim silently jumped up next to you.

...

"...And now he's super late! I bet he up and bailed on us!" You glanced over at Grim's sudden outburst with a raised eyebrow. "It's literally been 5 seconds." Grim stood up on two feet and pointed his chin up while crossing his arms. "Still, there ain't no way am I doin' his punishment for him! C'mon, Y/N, I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin', he's washin' those windows!"

Smiling a bit as he hadn't called you henchmen for once, you slowly trailed behind Grim as the cat proudly led the way. Before you knew it, you stood inside an empty class room. Grim stood up again and put his hands on his hips. "Hey! Ace!" He called out, "Get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya! Huh... Maybe there's really no one here?"

"Oh, I wouldn't say that, I'm here." You shrieked as someone to the left of you spoke. You looked around only to see no one there. Suddenly you heard laughter from the wall, mainly directed at your shocked face. A... painting? Grim's eyes widened as he pointed to the portrait. "Bwaaah! That painting just talked!" He screamed.

The women in the portrait raised one of her perfectly sculpted brows. "Yes, and...? Is a talking painting really such an oddity at this school? The other lady in the portrait on that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one. As long as a painting has a mouth, why wouldn't it be able to talk? Is that really so strange?" Uhm, yes. But you just ignored that for the moment.

"U-Uhm, I suppose not. Sorry but you wouldn't happen to see a boy with fluffy orange hair, red eyes, red vest... oh! And a red heart over one of his eyes, have you?" You questioned politely.

The woman pursed her lips before recognition crossed her face. "Ah, I know the one. A new student, I believe? Today was his first day at school. I think he went back to his dorm a while ago." She said calmly.

That little shi-

"Myaaah! So it's true! He's tryin' to ditch us! Do you know which way he went?" Grim yelled out angrily as you gritted your teeth. Low blow, Ace, real low. The woman nodded. "The door to the dorms is in the eastern building."

Grim hopped up and began to run out the door. "Let's chase after him, Y/N!" He demanded. After quickly waving goodbye and thanking the portrait for her help, you wandered after Grim, wondering if he even knew where he was going.

Eventually you two found yourself in a large room with several mirrors inside of it. But more importantly, a orange haired punk walking towards one of the mirrors while whistling carelessly. Ace scoffed. "Yeah right, like I'm gonna wash a hundred windows. I'm just gonna go back and—"