The Way of The Blot -100-

Guys, we made it... 🥹

Did Idia regret his plan?
No, of course not. It was for the greater good after all.

Did he regret communicating with the subjects directly?
More than anything.

"Excuse me, Idia. What was THAT?" Vil questioned from across the conference table with a sharp look. "I'm a world-class model, you know. I'm very particular about what comes into contact with my skin. You expect me to accept a SPRAY DOWN from a glorified garden hose? And you didn't even provide moisturizer! Moisturizing after cleansing your face is the MOST crucial step in maintaining a beautiful complexion." Vil ranted as Idia groaned and rolled his eyes while leaning against his folded hands.

Jamil hummed and pinched the fabric of his new STYX clothes. He sighed, running a hand through his newly washed hair from the disinfection spray down. "Now I know what it's like to be a car going through a car wash." He mumbled. Riddle nodded in agreement while folding his arms out in front of him. "And what it's like to be a set of sheets in a dryer."

The lion scoffed and leaned back in his seat, chair going down as far as it could go while Leona positioned his crossed feet on the sleek table before him. "It was bad enough that thing went in my mouth, but it even washed inside my ears. I'm still squicked out from that." He grumbled, sending a quick glare in Idia's direction.

Lacing his fingers together and leaning his chin on top of it, Azul sighed. "I normally prize efficiency above all else... But I've officially decided that no matter how busy I get, I will never start using an automated bathing machine." He announced bluntly.

Ortho, who had been zooming around serving tea, tilted his head to the side in wonder. "Really? All the staff love it. They say it makes showers take no time at all!" The robotic boy commented cheerfully. Leona just scoffed. "Tch. That's not even the worst of it. It's this stinkin' collar." He grumbled while hooking a finger under it and lightly pulling.

"These chokers appear to have the same effect as my signature spell, Off With Your Head," Riddle observed, "I've been trying to muster up some magic for a little while now, but I've come up empty." Setting a cup of tea in front of him, Ortho sent the redhead a pitying look. "Sorry about that. We have to make people wear those to ensure accurate data collection." He explained.

Idia looked up from his downcast gaze. "Wait, Riddle, you've been trying to use magic?" The fire haired male solemnly shook his head. "Can't take my eyes off you for a second..." He cleared his cleared his throat and sat up a little straighter, "Anyway, now that we've decontaminated you of any microorganisms you might've brought in... I'd like to show you a little welcome video for Styx."

Vil raised an eyebrow. "A welcome video?" He questioned. Idia didn't respond, simply grabbing a remote and pointing at the giant TV in front of them. "Please take a seat and turn your attention to the screen." He said blankly before the wall in front of them went black with a few white words on it.

A monotonous robotic voice echoed throughout the room. "Audio and video recording of footage shown within this facility is prohibited by law. If you begin to feel ill during the video, please notify staff at once." The words disappeared and the screen went back to being totally black.

Idia clapped his hands together and looked around. "And that's the movie. Thanks for watching." He said simply.

The housewardens (plus Jamil) all glanced at each other for a minute before Vil finally spoke up. "That was a rather... cheaply-made promo video." He drew out with a cringe.

Crossing his arms, Idia leaned back in his seat. "Well, if you want the tl;dr version... Magic is a fancy miracle power with lots of unknowns, and Styx makes sure people use it safely. They've been researching blot since the olden days, like when people wrote on clay tablets and stuff." The fire haired male explained nonchalantly.