Claws Bared -38-

You couldn't see anything going on, to focused on the possibility of becoming completely disintegrated. You'd never get to see your father again. This... was this really the end? You weren't sure. All you knew was that it hurt.

"If you have that much power, why do this?!" You vaguely heard Riddle shout as he fired another spell that was easily blocked by the lion. Leona scoffed. "Why? What do you care, kid? You gonna scold me? Try to talk me down? Don't you get it? Power alone ain't enough to make waves in this world. Look at Ruggie here. He's like a muzzled dog. Pathetic, ain't it? Hard not to pity him." He said as his former right hand man fired his own magic at the lion.

Slowly but surely, Leona's spell worked its way up your arm and onto your collarbone. You pain was getting worse causing you to let out a choked sob, your still intact hand grabbing at your chest as it became harder to breath.

Jack glanced back, face hardening at your condition. "That's enough! Unleash the Beast!" He yelled before light completely overtook his figure. Riddle stepped back. "What just—"

"AAAAARRRRROOOOO! GRRRRR! AAARRROOO!" You forced yourself to look up, barely registering what was happening in front of you. Where Jack once stood was a giant, white wolf with sharp, yellow eyes, baring its fangs at Leona who stood there wide eyed.

Ace stumbled back. "He...transformed?!" The strawberry blonde shouted in shock. Leona looked at his underclassman. "Whoa, what just— Gah!" He started before a blast of magic hit him right in the chest, a heart shaped collar closing around his neck. Riddle looked over, now understanding Jack's reasoning for transforming. "He broke Leona's concentration!" He exclaimed.

Leona growled, rage crawling over his face as he yanked at the collar. "GAAAAAH!" He yelled.

Suddenly, your collarbone began to appear piece by piece before your arm followed shorty after. You gasped, breath coming back to you. The dehydration subsided as a few tears fell from your eyes, seemingly held back by Leona's spell.

Cater grinned. "That was beautiful, Riddle! You stopped Leona's magic cold!" He shouted. Deuce ran to your side, slowly helping you stand up with weak legs. "And he let go of Y/N! This way, quickly!" Grim immediately ran over, watery eyed as he stood up to hug your leg. "Y/N!!! You're okay!" He shouted. You gave him a weak smile. "Yeah, I'm alright..." You said with a cough.

The sliver haired boy looked at his fellow Diasomnia resident. "Sebek, let's get the wounded somewhere safe." He ordered calmly. The boy, Sebek he had called him, turned to glare. "Do not presume to order me around, Silver!" Huh, so... the first boy was named after his hair color? That's fair.

The two ran over to the Savanclaw students on the ground, shocked and injured, but nothing worse than a few cuts and bruises.

Leona growled. "No... NO! You can't collar a lion! And Jack! How did you... Transformation potions are forbidden! Where did you get that?" He screamed in a rage. Jack shook his head. "I didn't use a potion—that's my signature spell. With it I can transform myself into a wolf." He explained.

The lion let out a bitter laugh. "Ha! What's that saying? Every dog has his day? Well I guess you had yours!" He mocked. Eyebrows furrowed, Jack looked at Leona. "Housewarden Leona, I want you to know... I only came to this school because of how much I admired you! What happened to the man you used to be?" He questioned, voice overflowing with desperation.

Leona only scoffed, glaring at Jack in return. "Shut up... Your dreams got nothin' to do with me!" He hissed. Riddle put a hand to his heart. "I understand the irony of me being the one to say it, but it pains me to see you like this. You'd be wise to confine yourself to your room and try to calm down!" He shouted.