Coffins and Holograms -110-

"He just wanted... to be like the others." You thought to yourself as you slipped away from whatever was going on with Hades and his family. Poor guy, and for all his hard work and rather funny personality, he feels like he's just been cast aside. Well, at least he had Persephone now.

"Y/N... Y/N!!!" Your ears rung slightly, but your face remained relaxed and heavy. Someone put a gentle hand on your arm, a face shifting closer towards your's. "Oh... Y/N... I'm sorry. I thought..." A watery voice croaked. Then, something gentle and pillowy soft just about grazed your forehead.

As if magic, the heaviness of sleep instantly lifted leaving you almost as refreshed as a daisy. Your eyebrows furrowing as you shifted your face into the side fabric at your side. There was a quiet noise of surprise next to you before you cracked your eyes open to see a pair of sharp green and wide blue eyes looking back down into your (E/C) ones.

You smiled. "Hi." Relief flooded their faces. "Oh, mon chéri... Thank goodness, you're alright." Rook said softly with a calm grin. Apparently he was the one who had been holding you, kneeled with on knee down with your upper body cradle against him and your feet on the ground. Epel kneeled next to you, looking at you with wide eyes lined with an undertone of guilt.

Narrowing your eyes in confusion, you pursed your lips trying to come back to your senses. "So... what's up?" You mumbled with a lightly scattered mind as Rook shifted you to sit up on your own. He smirked and nodded behind you. "Take a look."

Following his instructions, you looked over to have your eyes widen at the sight. Several Charon members incased inside of floating turquoise coffins, their entire systems shut down. "It's like a glass coffin! And the Charon inside are frozen." You said in disbelief.

Rook chuckled in amusement. "You seem surprised, Y/N," he noted smugly, "You see, this is all thanks to Epel!" He announced proudly, arms spread out to gesture towards his underclassman. Epel jumped at the sudden attention, cheeks turning red as he awkwardly scratched his cheek. "Y-You were in danger, so I sort of went wild..." He admitted with a fully flushed face.

Going back several minutes prior, the Charon held his arm up, ray now fully charged and ready to blow you away to pieces. "RELEASE!" It bellowed as bright blue light gathered in the center. However, before the ray could even so much as touch the shield, another ray of magic shot through it via Epel. "IN YOUR DREAMS–!!!!" He shouted as Rook's barrier shattered.

A bright light enclosed both you and the old man before lifting you both up. The two Pomefiore boys' hearts stopped for a moment as the ray hit you both. But when it's power died down, the only thing left was two peacefully sleeping humans in two shining coffins.

"Y/N and the old man are trapped inside the glass!?" Rook exclaimed before narrowing his eyes, "No, that's not it... This is a barrier coated with a strong magical energy! They're sleeping soundly as if they weren't in any danger at all."

Beside him, Epel faltered and hunched over, hands on his knees as his hairline gathered sweat. Rook grinned and patted the panting boy on his back cheerfully. "Well done, Epel! Marvelous!" He complimented over the lavender haired boy's heavy breaths.

The boy's head shot up, wide eyed as he looked at the scene before him. "I... I did it...!?" He muttered in disbelief. "Yes, you did! I cannot do this kind of magic." Rook said with a little celebratory clap. His eyes went back to being serious soon after. "Epel, if you can manage to trap them in another glass cage, we might be able to get away safely." He prompted, "Can you do it?"

Epel ran a hand across his forehead with a huff before standing back up straight. "I don't know... But I'll give it a try!" He said determinedly, bringing out his magical pen again. Rook planted a hand on his shoulder. "Now is the time to show me the result of your strenuous efforts."