Auditions -77-

Although you've been to Pomefiore before, you don't think you'll ever get used to the elegant architecture and aesthetic of the dorm. Surrounded by apple trees was the lavender, brick mansion with several Pomefiore tapestries hanging off the sides. The lounge was even more lavish, just as you remembered. Although, it certainly wasn't as full as it was today.

In your arms, Grim awed at the sight in front of him. "Myaaah! There's a ton of competition here!" The cat exclaimed. Ace huffed. "There's gotta be like fifty people." He whispered to you. Tugging at the collar of his gym uniform, Deuce began to sweat. "O-Oh no, I'm tensing up already. I-I th-think I'm b-blanking out on the song lyrics!"

You lifted one hand away from holding Grim and slapped the navy haired male on his back. "You'll do great. Once you get started, it'll be a breeze." You reassured brightly. Ace rolled his eyes. "What she said. You'll be fine if you just chill." He said nonchalantly.

Suddenly, a cheerful voice emerged into your conversation. "Ooh, what's this? Hunting season and the Ramshackle duo? You guys really are here for the SDC auditions too, huh?" Cater drew out with a mischievous twinkle in his eye, also now dressed in his gym uniform. Grim smiled at him. "Hey, Cater! Yeah, how about you?"

The ginger winked. "Got it in one. The event's happening at our school, and I hear Vil's gonna be in it this year. What could be cooler than competing on stage against a mega-celeb with five million Magicam followers?" He exclaimed while holding up his phone.

Ace pursed his lips and raised an eyebrow. "Deuce took it way too seriously, but you're being way too shallow about it..." He mumbled. Cater waved a hand in dismissal. "Pfft. I'm pretty sure most people here are like me, actually. Check out Exhibit A over there." He said before throwing his thumb over his shoulder.

Decked out in a yellow accented gym uniform was Ruggie who was currently carelessly humming to himself. "Hm-hm-hmmm, hm-hmm! Hmm. I'm not much of a singer, but I'm sure I can make up for that with my dance moves. I'm taking my share of that fifty thousand thaumark prize!"

Grim scoffed at the hyena. "Myah! Of course he wants the money." The cat huffed out. You rolled your eyes and looked down to the feline. "Oh, don't be a hypocrite. You just wanna win for the tuna." You chastised. "And not simply for the joy of doing what you enjoy. My, my, kids these day." A deep voice commented.

Everyone jumped and looked in between both you and Cater to see a familiar face. Only this time he was in a green gym uniform with a matching visor to go with it. Lilia grinned at you. "Why, Beastie! I certainly wasn't expecting you to show. A surprise, but a welcome one." He said before using his index finger to poke his cheek and wink at you.

Sighing, you turned towards the pale male. "Grim's actually trying out, and frankly, you seem to give off the impression of liking surprises, Lilia." You stated blankly. The bob haired boy giggled. "Khee hee hee! It's true. And a perfect reaction from all of you. Heartslabyul students are always so full of vim and vigor, but don't worry, you're by far my favorite." He said innocently. You sweat dropped at that. "Lovely..."

Cater sighed, ruffling his wavy hair up. "C'mon, Lils, you're gonna give me a heart attack one of these days!" He complained. The male in question simply smiled at the ginger before placing his hands behind his back. "Ah, hello, Cater. Fancy seeing you here." The red eyed male said politely.

"I could say the same for you. So, Lils. Are you auditioning for SDC too?" Lightly bouncing from his heels to his toes, Lilia nodded. "Mhm. I belong to the Pop Music Club, so I would be remiss to sit out on a musical presentation. I invited Malleus to join me, but he declined, claiming he had no desire to be put on display for humans. He's a surprisingly shy boy, you know." He claimed while batting a hand.