Sparks Fly -83-

"Have you all memorized the song?" Vil asked sharply with his hands on his hips. Jamil nodded firmly at the Pomefiore housewarden. "Yes, sir. Start to finish." He stated calmly. On the other hand, Epel nervously held his hands together and frowned. "Y-Yes, sir!"

Whipping his hair over his shoulder, Vil huffed. "Then it's time to try singing it together. Manager, start the music." He ordered with a snap of his fingers. Holding back an eye roll, you followed his order with no complaint.

Despite being only on the first run through, the guys did wonderfully. "Wow... You guys are like pro singers!" You complimented with cheer. Kalim's eyes widened as he began to vibrate. "Oh... Oooh... OOOOOH! GAH! I was so awestruck by the main vocalists that I suddenly forgot I was on the chorus!" The boy babbled.

Jamil raised an eyebrow at him. "Come on. You should know better than that." He chastised. Kalim sighed. "That's just how good it sounded. My body kicks into dance mode all on its own!"

Meanwhile, Rook clapped his hands with a wide smile on his face. "Très bien! What a splendid harmony it was." The Frenchman exclaimed. Deuce nodded. "I agree. Everybody was on fire there!"

Unfortunately, one person didn't seem to agree. "Hmph. It's hardly cause to celebrate," Vil reported with a sneer, "The performance was, quite frankly, a mess. The main vocals were off-key, and the chorus was much too loud and pronounced."

Pouting, Ace crossed his arms and glared at the blonde beauty. "I sang my heart out there, and now you're telling me I'm not supposed to? Being part of the backup is harder than I thought. Maaan! I wish I'd gotten main vocals." The strawberry blonde complained loudly.

Sighing, Vil glanced over at him with a bored look. "Spudling One. If you fail to grasp the importance of the chorus, then a shot at main vocals is further off for you than the seven jeweled hills. Any disruption to the harmony between the main melody and chorus makes a song sound worse. You would do well to remember that." Twisting his lips into a frown, Ace begrudgingly nodded. "Yessir. I'll try."

Satisfied with the compliance, Vil got back into position at the front of the group. "We'll be dancing and singing simultaneously at the show. It's only going to get harder from here. Next up: dance rehearsal. Let's get started." He announced.

The group went through it a couple times, either practicing their singing, dancing, or both, without a hassle. It wasn't until Epel started singing his part that a problem started. "Someday the apple-like red will decay. No one can surpass—" The male sung out in a stiff posture before Vil was shutting him down with a shake of his head.

"Ugh! No, no, no! Stop the music." The man ordered swiftly. You clicked the music off as Rook walked up to the housewarden with a curious look on his face. "What's the matter, Vil?" He asked calmly. With an angered look, Vil came to one conclusion. "EPEL."

Practically shaking in his boots, Epel blinked at his housewarden in an owlish way. "Y-Yessir!" The poor boy cried. Standing next to you, Ace whistled and nudged your arm. "Hoo boy, Epel's gonna get another tongue-lashing. I feel bad for the guy." The strawberry blonde mumbled.

Deuce cringed as he watched the interaction before him. "He's on main vocals, so I'm sure Vil expects a lot out of him, but still..." The boy trailed off unsurely. Falling limp in your arms, Grim groaned. "Every time I hear "stop the music," my first instinct is to cower with my tail between my legs." He muttered. You just frowned, concerned and pitying the poor lavender haired male.

"Have you learned nothing?" Vil questioned in exasperation,  "I told you to throw out your antiquated notions. I said nothing about acting so halfhearted! Don't just sing the words without thinking about what they mean. This song is more than mere lip service."