Chestnut Hunting -21-

After Ace had screamed out in shock, Cater gave Riddle finger-guns with a smirk. "Hey, Riddle! What's shakin', pal? You're lookin' adorbs, as always!" He commented. The male glanced over with a small eyebrow raise. "Hmph. Cater, keep running that mouth and you'll lose it - along with the rest of your head." Riddle said causing you to become slightly nervous.

The orange haired male put his hands up. "Sorry, sorry! My bad!" He ranted. Grim gasped and pointed to the red haired boy. "Myah?! You're the guy who put that stupid collar on me at the orientation ceremony!" The cat yelled.

Riddle leaned forward slightly with his eyes closed, face still blank. "And you're the new students who were nearly expelled yesterday. I'll ask that you not refer to my signature spell as a "stupid collar." The headmage's habit of tolerating rulebreakers like you is going to send this entire campus spiraling into chaos one day. Those who break the rules should have their heads removed immediately, without exception."

His pretty, steel like eyes wandered over to you. "Ah, so the rumors are true. You decided to stay." He said calmly. You sighed with a small smile. "I wouldn't exactly say decided, but yes, I'm still here." You said. Riddle nodded. "I would also like to sincerely apologize for what my dorm members must have dragged you into. I would hope you find it in your heart to forgive them." He said respectfully.

The duo gasped in offense. Ace glared. "Why're you apologizing to her?!" He yelled. Riddle simply looked up at Ace with a non-caring face. "Because from what I've gathered from the entrance ceremony, Y/N is hardly a rule breaker. Unlike you three."Ace rolled his eyes and, in his lowest tone, mumbled, "Dude, seriously? This guy looks like a wimp, but talks like a monster!"

Riddle raised his chin. "The headmage may have forgiven you, but if you break any further rules, I assure you I will not."

Ace scratched the back of his neck nervously. "So, uh, listen, housewarden, sir... Any chance I could get you to remove this collar?" You almost let out a groan of annoyance. Despite your several suggestions to apologize, Ace had ignored your advice and just straight up asked for Riddle to take the collar off. Something tells you the dorm leader wouldn't agree.

"I had intended to remove it once you'd taken an opportunity to reflect upon your crimes. But I've not detected so much as a hint of remorse in the foolishness I've heard you spout today. So I think I'll let you keep that for a while. Don't worry. The freshman curriculum is more focused on magical theory than practice. And your inability to use magic will help prevent incidents along the lines of what happened yesterday."

He cleared his throat. "Now, if you've finished your meal, you should quit gossiping and prepare for your next class. Rule 271 is quite clear: "One must leave the table within fifteen minutes of completing their lunch." You DO understand what happens to rulebreakers, I trust?" Oh, we're all well aware, Riddle.

You prayed Ace would say something that would even slightly help his case. But of course, Ace being your lovable, slightly annoying, idiot, he only said something that made the situation worse. "More insane rules..." He mumbled grumpily.

The red haired house warden pointed a finger in the air. "I believe you mean to say, "Yes, Housewarden!" Ace and Deuce sprung back to life, quickly sitting up with wide eyes. "Yes, Housewarden!" They yelled with a salute. Riddle shut his eyes in contempt. "Very well, then."

Trey gave the redhead a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Y/N and I will keep an eye on them." He said before sending you a swift wink. You laughed and nodded. Ace and Deuce groaned at their senior's words.

Riddle hummed. "Hmm. As vice housewarden, I trust you'll avoid any further indiscreet conversation." He turned to you. "I also trust you'll keep these two... or three including Grim who I see you decided to keep... under control. Now, as per rule 339...
"The post-meal beverage is to be lemon tea with two sugar cubes." Thus, I must go to acquire my sugar cubes. Farewell Y/N, Trey. Don't even get me started on their violation of running out of sugar cubes...!"