What To Do -97-

With a hand trailing down the railing, Malleus walked along the Diasomnia staircase with an ethereal grace to him as his long black robes tailed behind him. "...Hm? Something unusual is emanating from the mirror that's linked to the Hall of Mirrors. Is it magic? No. No, this is..." He muttered to himself before the front doors burst open with a panicked Silver and Sebek running in.

"MALLEUS!" The two cried out in fear. Malleus paused from coming down the stairwell, staring at the two with a lightly raised brow. "What's gotten you two in such a panic?" He asked calmly.

Chest heaving as he bent over with his hands on his knees, Sebek wiped the sweat away from his forehead. "Thank GOODNESS you're all right." He cried in relief. "Yes, I am quite the same as always," Malleus began, "You two, on the other hand, appear to be injured."

Also still lightly huffing, Silver spoke. "Sire, unknown forces are attacking the school." He informed hastily. Malleus' eyebrows rose in surprise. "Give me a full report." He said firmly, a tone fit for a future ruler.

"Unidentified soldiers clad in black armor came after Riddle." Sebek explained with wide eyes. Silver nodded before adding on. "They attacked the stables, but paid no heed to anyone else. We believe he was their sole target. They called him the "subject" and were attempting to capture him alive."

The tall fae hummed in thought. "And what became of Rosehearts?" Malleus prompted. Sebek's eyes drifted to the floor with a frown. "We were powerless to stop them, and they departed with him before our very eyes... Rgh!" He growled in self-aggravation. "Based on their actions, we feared they were targeting housewardens, so we rushed back as soon as we could." Silver said in worry.

"Oh, they're not after housewardens." Silver and Sebek jumped in surprise. "AH!" They cried before whipping their head around to look at a smugly sat figure on one of Diasomnia's lounge couches, a cup of tea and it's saucer in his hand.

Stone faced as ever, Malleus raised an eyebrow towards the war veteran. "Do you have an idea who took Rosehearts, Lilia?" He questioned. Lilia nodded and put his teacup and saucer onto the coffee table in front of him. "Yes. It has to be those who reside on the Island of Woe." He responded easily.

The gothic male closed his eyes in consideration. "Ah. Of course, now it makes sense. No wonder they didn't come after me." He mumbled. Lilia tapped his chin in thought. "I hear the island's quite different these days..." The male pondered aloud. Suddenly, his phone began to ring. "Ah, that's Kalim." He said before answering.

There was a huge burst of relief from the other line. "LILIA! I'm so glad you're okay! Jamil, Vil, and Grim have been kidnapped! There's big trouble at school! Is Malleus there?!" The Scarabia housewarden cried into the mic. Lilia responded pleasantly and calmly. "No need to shout, now. Malleus is right here." He assured.

Another, feminine, voice spoke from the line which instantly caught both Lilia and Malleus's attention while piquing the interest of Silver and Sebek. "I knew it! They were only after the overblots. That's why they left the Kalim, Malleus, and the other vice housewardens alone. They must've taken Grim for his black stone appetite." You exclaimed.

Lilia grinned. "Why, beastie, how clever you are~ But yes, that does seem to be the premise." He drew out into the mic. Kalim made a sound of realization from over the phone. "Oh, I see... So they attacked only the overblots and anyone who got in their way. I'm gathering everyone together. Both of you, please come to the headmage's office! And hurry!" He pleaded before hanging up.

A false pout formed on Lilia's face as he put his phone away. "How rude. I didn't even get to say goodbye to my beastie. Oh well, I suppose we'll see them soon, right, Malleus?" He said as he stood up. The tall fae gave him a firm nod and finished his way down the stairwell. "Yes. Let us be off."