Fallen Chandelier -11-

Ace and Deuce finally caught up with you in the cafeteria, Grim nearly on top of the chandelier at that point. Ace ran up next to you, soon followed by Deuce on your other side. Ace glared. "Argh! Stop jumping around like that!" Grim laughed and poked out his tongue. "Heh heh heh! Catch me if you can, losers!" Deuce and Ace gasped in offense.

You simply crossed your arms and glared. "Grim, when I get my hands on you..." The cat sweat dropped before backing away ever so slightly. You turned to the two boys. "Any ideas on how to get him down?" You questioned quickly. Deuce put a hand to his chin in thought. "I haven't really learned flight magic yet... What could I summon to hold onto him...? Hmmm... Oh! That's it!"

Ace and you turned to him in question but Deuce offered no response as he pointed his magic pen at Ace. "Did you come up with somethi- Oh, hey! Stop! What are you doing?! Why are you pointing your pen at me?!" Your eyes widened as Ace slowly began to lift off the ground.

"Because I'm going to launch you." Deuce answered simply. "Wait, you can't be serious." You said hoping it was just some kind of joke to mess with Ace or an attempt to make Grim come down, but with the dead serious look in his eye, you knew he was going to and you wouldn't be able to stop him.

Ace shook his head wildly, throwing his arms around like a madman. "Are you kidding me?! Bwaaah! Put me down! Seriously, do not launch me! Abort! ABORT!" Deuce didn't listen as he readied his pen. "Just make sure to grab him tight. I've got him in my sights, and... Go!"

You had to cover your eyes, not wanting to see what would happen, but the sound was enough to understand.

"BWAAAAAAAH!"

"MYAAAAAAAAH?!"

There was a loud clank before some sort of snapping sound. Just as you opened your eyes to see what had caused it, a loud crash rang through the room. You and Deuce jumped back as the chandelier hit the ground. Ace and Grim lay on the other side, mouths wide open and likely dizzy but thankfully unharmed. The same could not be said for the chandelier.

"Oh my god..." You whispered in disbelief as your hands covered your cheeks. The sound of Ace coughing from the debris brought you back to reality. "I cannot believe you just did that!" He yelled at Deuce who also seemed to be in shock. Grim groaned. "Myaaah..."

Deuce snapped his fingers. "Oh, right! I probably should have come up with a way to soften your landing after you caught him..." Ace stood up and stormed over to him, a frown printed on his face. "You complete and total moron! We got Grim, but we broke the chandelier! If the headmage finds out about this-"

"If I find out about... what, dear Ace?"

Wow, it finally wasn't you who jinxed yourself.

The three of you spun around, white faced and wide eyed. "Ah! Headmage Crowley...!" Ace started. Ah... what a sight to behold. Three guilty ridden teenagers standing in front of a totally destroyed chandelier with a cat passed out in the corner.

Crowley's eyes widened. "YOU. THREE. AGAIN," Four this time actually, "What have you done this time?!" You all gulped. Grim was the first to speak up. "Myaaah... Everything's spinning..." he groaned out, still laying on the ground. You squared your shoulder up and looked back at the man.

He put his hands on his hips. "Burning a statue wasn't enough for you? Now you've destroyed a chandelier?! Enough. All of you are expelled."

"Whaaaaaaaaat?!" All three of you said in unison. Where would you go now? Would you just be homeless? How would you get home?

Deuce stepped forward, desperation crossing over his face. "Headmage, please! Give me a second chance! I can't get expelled from this school! I need to be here!" He pleaded. Your heart dropped at the comment. Was this... your fault? What if you had just persuaded Grim not to worry about Ace and just clean the windows. Then you wouldn't have dragged Deuce into your mess and Ace wouldn't be getting expelled from the school he was actually attending.