Brash Decisions -98-

Ruggie slumped sadly, a pout forming over his lips in annoyance. "Man...Why'd Leona have to put ME in charge? Talk about drawing the short straw." The hyena mumbled in annoyance. You glanced over at him, still slightly disheartened by Trein's words. "Well, to be fair, you're practically the vice-housewarden already." You said slowly.

Rook nodded in agreement. "It means the Roi des Lions has great faith in you, Monsieur Dent-de-Lion. The dorm is his pride—he knows he can trust you with it." He explained with a grin. Ruggie just rolled his eyes and scoffed, rubbing a hand over his stomach in the process. "Yeah, well, trust doesn't fill an empty stomach. There better be some T-bone steaks in it for me later, or it won't be worth it!"

The Frenchman shrugged. "Yes, I suppose so. Yet another reason we need them to make it back safe and sound."

Before anyone could say anything else, loud footsteps echoed down the hallway. You all turned back to see a white haired wolf in his gym uniform running towards your group with a panicked look. "Ruggie! I got your text. What's this about Leona getting kidnapped by the guys who attacked the school?!" Jack cried before turning his gaze to you in equal worry, planting his hands onto your shoulders. "And Y/N, are you okay?! What happened?!"

Ruggie clicked his tongue. "You pretty much summed it up right there. I need to round up everyone in the dorm and check in with 'em. Could you give me a hand?" The heyna grumbled, still annoyed with Leona's putting him in charge.

Jack nodded unconsciously. "Oh, sure. Happy to. But seriously, Y/N, are you okay?" He asked, staring at you intensely. You sweat dropped, awkwardly rubbing your arm in slight guilt. "I'm fine. They didn't hurt me for some reason. But the others... and they took Grim and Vil and Jamil a-and apparently Riddle, Leona, and Azul, too, and I don't even know what's going on with Idia!"

With a solemn nod, Rook went into a further explanation. "The NRC Tribe members were together at Ramshackle when it occurred. We were in the midst of an SDC postmortem when they attacked us. And it's true, Vil, Jamil, and Grim were all taken just as Leona was."

Sandy-golden eyes widened in shock. "They got Vil and Jamil too?!" Jack exclaimed. Rook frowned and placed a hand to his chest sadly. "And the freshmen that tried to rescue Grim were rather injured. All except for Y/N, thankfully." Jack sighed in slight relief. "Well, that's good." He suddenly pinched his nose with a groan. "Argh, why are those guys so reckless?" He mumbled.

Pushing on the conversation while ending it, Rook gestured to you while looking at Jack. "I must return to my dorm and fulfill my duties as vice housewarden, but... Monsieur Tough Guy. Would you be so kind as to go with Y/N to check up on our injured comrades in the infirmary?" He requested kindly.

Ruggie quickly nodded. "That would actually help me too," remembering his promise that Leona made him take to watch over you, "Make sure to take note if any students from our dorm are there." He added on. Jack gave him a curt nod in return before nudging his head in the direction of the infirmary. "Got it. I'll be in touch once I know more. Let's go, Y/N."

So, after bidding Rook and Ruggie goodbye, you walked along side Jack to get to the nurse's office. Along the way, Jack spoke. "So, when you said they wouldn't hurt you, what did that mean?" He asked slowly. You frowned, thinking into it. "I'm not sure. When I hit one with a stick, they just gently nudged me away and called me Subject P." You answered honestly.

Rubbing his chin, Jack furrowed his eyebrows. "Subject P, huh? If there was six people who got kidnapped, that'd make all of them Subject A, B, C, D, E, and F. But P doesn't come after F and they didn't try to take you. You were the outlier, but why?" Jack mumbled to himself in concentration. You shrugged and sighed. "Believe me, I more than anyone want to know."