Chapter 3

Chapter 3

(picture of Adam above)

It's Wednesday, two days after David was rude to me, I've not spoken to him since then. I've been giving him the silent treatment and I'm sure it's freaking him out, he always tried to talk to me but I don't answer him and up till now he hasn't apologized for what he did in school.

Adam's message is still there. You might think that I replied him and we had a nice long conversation but well it didn't happen.

Anytime I want to reply my heart will start beating and my conscience would judge me.

So today I decided to go home and make the move. I never carry my phone to school because I know it's a big distraction, so I just leave it at home.

I was practically the last to leave school since I was planning to stay in the library to read for a while. I know I will never go back to tell David to follow me home because the answer will always be the same.

As i got to the parking lot I saw Hayley sitting alone by the parking lot, I wonder what was going on.

I decided to try to talk to her since it's the best opportunity but I just remembered something, she might get irritated if I go near her. So i decided to turn the other way to my car.

"Hey!" Someone called out for me.

I turned to see Hayley, she was walking towards my direction. I didn't want her coming near me so that she won't get irritated, so I gradually shifted away from her quickly.

"Please can you help me out!" She cried out.

I stopped and turned around and waited for her to meet me.

"I am sorry to disturb you but please can you help me," she looked worried, "my car just broke down and I need help with a lift back home."

I looked at her. Then I slowly nodded.

"Thank you so much!" She smiled with relief and followed me to my car.

I entered the driver's seat and to my surprise Hayley sat at the back.

I look at the mirror and glared at her.

"Arnt you supposed to be sitting beside me?" I asked her.

She looked around her.

"Oh! I'm sorry," she smiled in embarrassment, "I am too used to sitting at the back of the car if I am not driving"

She got down from the car and sat on the passenger seat and fastened her seat belt, I asked for her address, she gave me and we drove off.

After a few minutes of silence I decided to break the silence.

"I'm Naomi" I said.

She looked at me and smiled.

"I'm Hayley" she said.

I nodded, pretending like I didn't know her name but this was just to start a conversation. I'm sure this is her first time of seeing me because im the hiding type, even If I was in class, I would sit at the far end for nobody to realize I'm there.

"What of your friends?" I asked her, "why didn't they help you out?"

"We had a little fight today" she answered without looking at me.

I nodded. That's the usual Jenna, she can't keep a friendship.

"Sorry about that" I told her.

"It's no big deal" she laughed about it, "you know, people can be childish sometimes"

I nodded.