Chapter 37

Chapter 37

I checked my watch to see it was 3:50 pm and Adam was going to be here soon.

Basically, Adam and I are going on a very 'causal' Valentine's date which means no dresses or suits.

I'm looking at the mirror for the tenth time to see myself in my new super skinny blue jeans that I just bought for this very special day. There was also something unusual on my body and that is a crop top. It was a black long sleeve one either ways because I know I can't be exposing my very weird skin just because I want to impress my very special Valentine.

I was glad that winter was over in New Jersey unlike some states that were still in the -9 degrees condition. The weather was quite warm outside over here and it was the perfect weather for Valentine's Day. I could as well guess the park was going to be full today.

Looking at my black mini heel boots in the outfit made me look quite taller than my usual self but hopefully I wouldn't pass Adam's height. He's like 2 or more inches taller than me.

Without much waste of time, I completed my make up by applying the last bit of black eyeliner on my left eye.

Great. I was done.

Hair down. Light make up. Fully dressed.

Suddenly the door bell rang which made my tummy do a flip flop.

He's here.

I think I was getting nervous all over again. Am I not supposed to be happy?

I walked over to the top of the staircase and screamed my brothers name.

"David! Open the door!" I shouted.

My brother and his two best buds, Dan and jake were playing video games in the sitting room downstairs. The tv volume was so loud that I bet David didn't hear me.

"David!" I shouted again.

"Naomi give me two minutes! This is the most important part of the game!" He shouted back.

I walked down the stairs a little to see him and one of the boys with their controllers playing Call of Duty and it seems that their whole attention was really on the game.

"Really?!" I groaned.

"You're down! You can open it now!" He turned to my direction and looked back to his game immediately.

The bell rang again. I groaned again and walked down the stairs immediately to the door. I peeped through the door hole to see Adam patiently waiting outside. My stomach was twisting harder this time.

There's nothing to be anxious about Naomi.

It's not your first date okay?

But it's my first Valentine's date!

I kept murmuring to myself before I finally sighed and opened the door.

"Hey!" I said the moment I opened the door to a revealing Adam who was not alone, but along with a bouquet of pink and white flowers in his hands.

"Oh my god." I gasped. "Are these for me?!"

"Happy Valentine's Day Naomi." He grinned and brought out the flowers to me.

I looked at him in awe and took the flowers from his hand.

"Thank you Adam." I felt my cheeks burning as I looked at the flowers in my hand. This was the sweetest thing someone has ever done for me, let alone a boy.

I looked at Adam who was standing in front of me with his denim jacket and black ripped jeans. Bet he had a good fashion taste for a casual date. His hands were in his pocket and he was looking at me with a small smile on his face and the other hand rubbing the back of his hair.