Chapter 33

Chapter 33

"What should we do now?" I asked Adam who was still ontop of me.

Right from the voice I heard behind the door, I was already scared to meet his father.

"Maybe just put our clothes on before he breaks the door." He replied.

Immediately, he jumped down and I followed his actions and took my shirt which was on the floor. The door was still pounding with knocks while Adam and I were putting our shirts on.

After we were done, Adam rushed to the door and opened it.

"What took you so lon-" his father's voice cut the moment his eyes caught mine. "And who's this stranger?"

Stranger?

Like can he just appreciate my presence by saying something nicer?

I glared at the almost bald brunette man infront of me. He looked like Jason Statham except that Jason Statham had less hair and doesn't wear suit.

"She's not a stranger sir," Adam defended and turned to smile at me, "dad meet my girlfriend-"

My eyes snapped at him the moment he said girlfriend.

"-Naomi."

"What did I tell you about dating Adam?" His father crossed his arms and glared at him.

That was really weird. I thought dads never gave a single shit if their sons had five girlfriends at a time? And Adam is 16 not 12 old man.

"Well am I not old enough to make my decisions sir?" Adam challenged him with the question.

Why did he call his dad sir? I know some guys do that but my brother doesn't and I never expect Adam to be the kind either.

His father stood there glaring at him like Adam didn't make any sense with one word he just said. The tension in the room wasn't healthy for me to keep standing here.

"Now is not the best time to argue with you young man." He ended it and turned to me and gave me a small smile. "It's nice to meet you Naomi, you can call me Mr Richardson."

"It's nice to meet you Mr Richardson." I smiled calmly although I was burning inside for the fact that he called me a stranger.

He nodded and gave Adam one last glare before leaving the door. I turned to Adam the moment his father shut the door.

"Is everything okay with you two?" I asked.

"Nothing ever goes right when he's around!" He pushed his hands in the air probably expecting his father to hear him. "He claims to be a strong Christian man but behaves like a savage."

"Don't call your dad that."

"Why shouldn't I?! You don't even know him." He scoffed.

"Maybe he has just been depressed about the whole situation of your mum's death." I said probably trying to prove myself right.

"He has always been like that even when my mum was alive. And he was such a very cruel asshole-"

"Adam!"

He scowled at me.

"You don't have any idea who he is! Do you even know what he used to do to my mum! He used to beat the shit out of her like almost all the time!" He shouted making me jump. "I was the only one who was always there to protect her! And how do you think all that made me feel about him?!"

He was right about the whole thing. It's terrible to ever know that your dad used to hit your mum but that doesn't mean you should fume around him every time he shows up. His father probably had his reasons.