Chapter 49

I notice some of you skip the previous chapter whenever I update two chapters at the same time. Don't skip the previous one I just updated too (chapter 48).

Please remember to vote, comment and follow. Thanks xx

Chapter 49

I checked my phone over and over again but there was no message or call from Adam.

It was Saturday evening and Adam was supposed to be back from Paris. I told him to call me the moment he gets here but there was no call for the whole day. He hasnt replied any of my messages for the past two days and I was starting to get more angry and worried at the same time.

Adam should not put me on another bail this time.

I sit on my bed and let songs from my laptop play as I wait patiently for Adam to call.

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes

No no no. This was the last song I needed to hear from my laptop. It made me think so much of Adam and I shouldn't be doing that now.

But it's the only thing that I know

I closed my eyes and sighed. I guess I just have to. This time, I start to think of Adam all over again.

When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes

Yes love is very hard. Thinking of Adam, it was never easy between us. The way he looked at me right from the first date, I knew he was never going to make things easy.

It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

The memories of our very first slow dance flashed in my eyes this time. It really did make me feel alive.

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves

Everything about him just came flashing in my eyes. His hazel eyes, his smile, his laughter, his pink lips, his amazing biceps and abs and how he smirks every time he was being silly around me. God knows how much I miss all those little things.

Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken

Remembering his face just reminds me of all the time he held me close. Our faces touching. When he leans in to kiss me. The way his hands move over my body-

My phone rang which cut me from my thoughts. I jerked up immediately, finally relieved that Adam was calling.

I checked the caller ID only to be disappointed. It was Grace.

"Hello?"

"Naomi! Is everything okay?" She sounded loud on the phone.

"Yes. Is anything wrong?"

"Have you heard from Adam today?"

"No. Why?"

"She said she hasn't heard from him." I heard her telling someone in the background.

"What's going on Grace?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Kaleb wants to talk to you." She said before leaving the phone.

What's going on? Was everything okay? My heart started beating fast right before Kaleb took the phone.

"What's up Naomi, It's Kaleb."

"Hey. Is everything okay with Adam?"

"Look I really don't know." He sounded worried over the phone. "Adam's dad asked if I have heard from him for the past few days and he hasn't been picking any of my calls. So I told Grace to call you."

This was not sounding good at all. AT ALL.

"Have you heard from him recently?"

"The last time I did was two days ago."I replied.

Kaleb let out a heavy sigh over the phone.

"Kaleb is everything okay?!" I start panting.

"His dad and little sister are back from Paris but he's not with them."

"What?! No way!" I start trembling. "Is he still in Paris?"

"I really can't tell! He's been missing for two days over there and one thing I know about Adam, is that he has always tried to find a way to leave his dad."

Oh no. This can't be happening. Not with Adam. You can't leave me all alone here just because you want to leave your dad. I was already panting more and more.

"Naomi try to calm down. We can't tell what went on." He said. "you know Paris isn't a safe place at all."

"I know." I muttered as I was already loosing my voice.

"His dad and Anastasia could not stay any longer than today. There has been a lot of terrible attacks recently and we should just hope for the best for him."

"I know what's been happening in Paris. Please don't make this worse by reminding me about it."

"I'm sorry. I am really hurt too." He sounded despaired. "It's just that a lot of people have gone to Paris and never made it back. Some people find it as their escape zone."

"Please don't say that." I shut my eyes. Thinking of Adam as one of those people was making things worse.

"I won't but I just think that maybe he's..." He sighed slowly along the line.

"He's what Kaleb?" I held my breathe.

"Gone. Gone for good."

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 49