Chapter 38

This chapter is dedicated to all those reading this book <3 I really appreciate you all for your support.

Chapter 38

We were out of the movie theatre in no time. The movie was actually a great movie although I was dying to cry my heart out but unfortunately I couldn't. All because Adam was sitting beside me. The best part of the whole situation was that Adam held on to my hand tighter when it got to the saddest part. I guess he was also touched by the movie but couldn't cry because he was a boy.

"Did you have fun?" Adam asked while we were walking to the parking lot in the cinema.

"Yeah more than I expected." I smiled trying to sound as normal as possible and not sarcastic.

For one moment, I wished Adam kissed me in the cinema. If that happened, all my dreams would have come to pass in one minute. Not like that was going to be our first kiss or anything but I've been expecting a Valentine's kiss since I saw him today. Maybe the kiss might come when he's dropping me in front of my house, just like what every movie taught me.

We finally got to his car and I sat beside him on the passengers seat while he hopped into the drivers seat.

"So," he started as he was buckling his seat belt, "where to next?"

"Uhmm my house?" I looked at him.

"You don't want to come over to mine?" He looked at me and smirked.

I know that smirk meant something.

Before I could answer, I checked my watch to be sure what time I should be home. It was 7:10 pm. Good. There was still more time because my curfew was by 10pm.

"Sure lets go over to yours." I replied.

*********

Silently, Adam shut the front door the moment we both entered his house. We tried our best not to make noise just in case if Anastasia or his dad were probably trying to have their peaceful moment.

"Do you think any of them could be home?" I asked looking round the house. The lights were turned off in both the kitchen and sitting room and this made me doubt that there was a living thing in this house.

"Not sure," he replied, "maybe I could call their names to be sure."

I nodded my head as I leaned on the wall by the staircase.

"Anastasia?!" He called out. "Dad?!"

No answer.

He went to the top of the staircase to shout their names again.

"Anastasia?! Dad?! Anyone home?!"

No answer.

He came back down the stairs and stood in front of me.

"I don't think anyone is home." He said.

"Well good then." I looked at him.

"Uhmm so do you want to come upstairs... Maybe to my room?"

"Sure..." I nodded although everything sounded a bit strange.

One thing for sure was that I have actually never gone up the stairs in this house, neither have I ever been to Adam's room before. Not like he ever invited me upstairs before, after I've been visiting this house for over a month.

We walked up the ceramic stairs silently although my boots didn't let the silence to exist as it kept making noise with each step I took.

We finally got to the hallway of the first floor of the house and I could say, it looked quite much like mine except the walls in the hallway were brown and vanilla while mine were lilac and cream. There were also two bed room doors on the left and one on the right. I could guess the ones on the left were for him and his sister while the one on the right was for his dad.