Chapter 55

Chapter 55

The very 'unspecial' day was here. Adam's dad was officially getting married to another woman. This must really be a nightmare for him and Anastasia.

I was standing in the front door to Adam's house the following morning. I made sure everything was in line as I looked down at my pretty red midi dress, black purse and all the the way down to my black heels. Everything was perfect. I pushed my hair behind my ear before I pressed the door bell.

The door swung open immediately and revealed a grinning Anastasia.

"Hi!" She jumped to hug me.

This was so awkward. The girl that has been on my mind all night was the first person I set my eyes on this morning.

It was good seeing her happy. I didn't want to give any pity expression and spoil the mood, so I decided to give her a big smile and hug her back.

She moved back and let me walk into the house.

"You look great." She said while shutting the door.

"Aww thank you." I grinned and looked at her in her pretty pink flower dress. "You look cute."

"Thanks Naomi." She grinned back and jumped.

"You're welcome." I smiled. "Is Adam in?"

"Somebody looking for me?" His voice popped up not too far from my left side.

I turned to see a grinning Adam standing directly in front of the dinning room. He was dressed in his skinny navy suit trouser and white collar shirt. He looked attractive in the outfit although he was not fully dressed.

His eyes locked with mine before it goes down to my dress. He studied me speechlessly. This made me blush for some seconds as I gave a small smile and looked away.

"You look amazing." I heard him say which caused me to gaze back at him. He was still looking at me intensely.

"Thank you." I muttered.

"Let me just leave you two love birds here." Anastasia groaned before leaving to the kitchen. This caused me to chuckle as Adam rolled his eyes and looked at me.

"Looks like somebody is not ready to leave the house soon." I said as it was my turn to do the studying.

"Was just about to finish up." He shrugged. "Want to join me in my room?"

"If you say so." I smirked and walked towards him.

He brought out his elbow and I put my arms around it before we walked up the stairs together.

"That smirk says something." He whispered in my ear.

"It says you're mine." I continue smirking as he snickered in response.

After getting to his room, I made my way to sit down on Adam's bed while he stood in front of the mirror with his black tie in his hand.

"So how do you feel about the wedding?" I asked the moment I sat down on his bed.

"Well... Can't say I'm happy about it." He shrugged.

"Which technically means you're sad about it." I scoffed.

"Can't say that either. Not like I care about this stupid wedding anyways." He rolled his eyes as he was still trying to knot his tie. "I can't wait for it to be over."

"Me too." I said while standing up behind him. "At least we'll get to spend more time together." I wrapped my arms around his body from behind.

"More than enough." He added.