Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Umm Hayley, I think I'll be going." I told her.

She turned to look at me. "What? Why?"

"I took a snack before I left the house, so I'm good for now." I lied.

"You sure you're not hungry?" Hayley asked.

I nodded.

"Bye!" She hugged me. "See you on Monday and I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay." I said.

Then we went our separate ways.

********

On the way back home in the cab, my phone buzzed. I was expecting mum or Hayley to have sent a text message but it wasn't them.

It was Facebook and it was definitely Adam.

I groaned.

'Hey' I replied.

'How did today go?' He replied immediately.

'Okay'

'Cool, what did you do?'

'School'

'How did it go?'

'Okay'

'Are you going to ask about mine?'

I rolled my eyes.

'How did yours go?' I wrote back.

'Amazing! Guess why?'

'Why?'

'Because you replied'

I groaned. Can't he see I am giving him straight answers? He should know I don't want to talk to him.

'Cool' I replied.

'Cool?'

I got home, paid the taxi driver and entered the kitchen. I open the drawer and got out a bag of lays and started eating it on the kitchen table. I took my phone to reply Adam.

'Yeah'

'Okay... So tell me more about yourself ;)'

'Why do u care?'

'Im just trying to be nice, if u hav a problem wit that then I'm out'

'Good'

'Really?'

'Really.'

'Just because I'm being nice doesn't mean u should take me for granted and I'm just trying to make friends not be your 'boyfriend'. I'm not going to unfriend you, I'm just going wait here until you're ready to be friends.'

"Whatever." I muttered.

I didn't reply him. I just left it there for the so-called-time he expects me to answer him.

I check the time to see it's 6.05 pm. I lay back on the bed and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

***********

"Naomi!" I heard my mum calling me. I groaned, why the hell is she disturbing me.

"Naomi!" Mum called me and this time it sounded louder.

"Yes mum! I'm asleep." I continued groaning because I was really having a good time sleeping then I hear my mum calling.

"Naomi!" This time my mum is in front of my room. I check the time to see it's only 7.20 pm. Basically I wasted my laziness to sleep for only an hour because of my mum!