Chapter 24

Chapter 24

We sat in silence while eating our lasagna in the dining room. From time to time I glance at Adam and the next thing I know, he catches my eyes. Then I look back down to my food.

I did it again and this time Adam will not stop looking at me.

"Please can you stop."

"Says the one who keeps glancing at me." He smirked.

"I just want to be sure that you're okay."

"I'm perfectly fine Naomi."

I nodded my head slowly and turned back to my food.

"You've never told me much about your family." He said which made me look up.

"My family is pretty normal. Thanks for asking."

He chuckled. "I am serious. Are you a single child?"

"My brother is fourteen."

"I didn't ask for that."

"You should know what I'm talking about."

"Whatever you say." He waved his hands. "What of your parents? Are they both alive?"

"Did you kill them?"

Adam looked at me and suddenly started laughing.

"Why so stubborn baby girl?" He smirked.

"I'm not being stubborn." I rolled my eyes.

He raised his eyebrows.

"Whatever." I wave my hands. "What of you? any siblings?"

"My sister is seven."

"How sweet." I smirked.

He chuckled because he knew he picked up my style of answering.

"There's something I need to tell you." He said which made me look at him.

Suddenly the entrance door swung open and a little girl with a straight long black hair jumped in with a lady in her late 30s.

"Anastasia! You really need to stop jumping in all the time." The lady said to the little girl which I was sure was Adam's sister.

I turned to Adam who was grinning at them. He seemed happy to see them back and I guarantee these people mean the world to Adam.

"Don't worry Aunt Stephanie she's still a little girl." Adam shouted from our side.

"I am not little!" Anastasia shouted which made Adam and Aunt Stephanie chuckle.

Aunt Stephanie turned to my direction and looked at me.

"Who's this?" She asked.

"This is my friend Naomi, Naomi that's my aunt, Stephanie." Adam introduced.

She smiled at me which gave me the pleasure to smile back.

"You're the Naomi?" Anastasia asked.

I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows trying to figure out what she means by 'the Naomi'.

"That's Anastasia." Adam mumbled.

"What's on your skin?" Anastasia asked.

"Oh God." He muttered.

"I've got to get back to work now. See you kids tomorrow." Stephanie looked at her watch.

Anastasia hugged her before she turned to the door and left. I turned my attention back to Anastasia who was constantly staring at me.