Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I looked at the half broken bottle I was holding and I knew something good didn't come out of it.

I turned my gaze and saw the brunette stranger lying on the floor with the pieces on his back in front of me.

Oh my God.

Everyone around me looked flattered by the situation that just occurred as well as it cut Jenna and Hayley from what they were doing.

I felt someone's hand slide into mine and starts dragging me but I stand still, still shocked at what I did to the guy lying infront of me.

I think I just killed someone.

Everybody started making distinct conversation and surrounding the area more.

"We need to leave now!" Adam said trying to drag me back harder.

I looked at Adam and turned to the body one last time. I really do need to leave.

I turned and run behind Adam while holding his hands.

We made our way to go through the back door. We tried to push every crowd coming our way as we moved from the terrible spot.

Adam knew why we had to run. We had to run because the bouncer was coming to kill us. We had to run because the brunette stranger's friends might kill us. We had to run so that I won't go to jail. But what if I do?

Kaleb opened the bartender's area for us as we ran there. We rushed to the door leading to the kitchen from the bar.

"Naomi be safe okay?" Grace called out from her seat in the bar.

I turned around, not to look at Grace, but to glance at the stranger's body another last time and I saw his body shake before the door closed behind me.

Thank God he was alive.

*********

Adam and I ran as fast as we could because it seemed like there were some men running behind us from the club.

I looked back as I was running behind Adam. I saw two muscular white guys with bald hair running after us furiously. They wore similar clothes which was a black tshirt and black Capri pants.

They looked really scary and that made me more frightened.

"Adam should we just give up?" I said trying to catch my breath as we ran down the road.

"No! Keeping running!" He shouted.

This is terrible. I am no good at running too. What am I even good at?

"This way." He directed me to the corner of two buildings.

We ran through the little space separating the buildings and ran into a small street that was opposite Lake Carnegie.

"We are going to the lake." Adam told me as we run as fast as we could before the two guys see us.

My body was getting really weak and I couldn't stop panicking. We kept getting closer and closer to the lake side.

I turned back to see the guys were not behind us.

Thank goodness.

We finally got to the lake side and there were various boats lying near the lake. There was also an abandoned car at the far end of the lake side.

I run up close to hide behind the boat.

"No Naomi not there! Let's go farther." Adam stopped me from what I was about to do and I had to follow his direction after.