Chapter 41

Can we take a moment to appreciate our one and only Adam😍 (picture above)

Chapter 41

Nervously, I looked through the windscreen of my car for the tenth time to glance at Adam's house. It was Saturday evening and it was about time for me to have a lovely dinner with Adam's step mum-to-be and dad.

I breathe out and brought out my phone to call Adam. After a few rings he finally picked up.

"Hey baby girl. Where are you?"

"Right in front of your house," I muttered, "I am so nervous to get in."

"I'm coming to get you."

He hung up before I could hesitate. I sighed and waited for him to show up.

Within few seconds, the front door swings open and Adam reveals himself. He wore a grey sweatshirt and blue jeans making this whole dinner thing look informal. In contrast, I was wearing one of my simple navy dresses. But that didn't matter.

He got to the front of my car and opened the driver's door for me to get down from the car. As I got down, I immediately fell into his arms for a hug.

"It's going to be fine okay?" He whispered.

I nodded my head before he pressed his lips on my forehead.

After drifting away, I locked my car and he took my hand so that we would walk into his house together.

He shut the door behind us the moment we got into the house and the first thing my eyes glanced at was the dinning table. We walked to the dining room and stood by the door way when we suddenly spotted Mr Richardson, Adam's dad, going through the plate shelf in the dining room while a middle-age light blonde woman sat at the other end of the table. She looked up from her phone the moment we stopped walking.

Her face was covered with the 90's style make up as she has a blue eyeshadow on her eyelids and a really thin drawn line eyebrows with a light pink lipgloss. Her hair was short and light blonde and she looked somewhat like a middle aged diva with her expensive looking pearls and light blue suit.

I smiled at her the moment her eyes caught mine. She didn't return the smile but rather looked puzzled.

"What's this?" She asked Adam.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"The stuff beside you."

What the hell did she just call me? Stuff? Does she fucking think I'm some other fucking existence because that was so inhumane of her.

Right now the atmosphere around me was starting to get dark. Like completely dark because I could break this petty lady's ribs right now.

Glancing at Adam I could see him glaring at his step mum. To be.

"She's just playing. Get your pants off it Adam." His dad spoke up still looking through the shelf.

That statement didn't sound like a joke because right now the stupid lady is sneering at me. Well if everything is a joke then I'm out. This wasn't something I wanted to do in the first place.

I turned on my heels to leave and started walking to the main door of the house. Adam followed up behind me and grabbed my arm as soon as possible.

"Hey Naomi, please don't go," He whispered, "She's just an ass. Bare with her for the next one hour and we're good. I promise it will get better."

I looked at him through my annoyed expression and furrowed eyebrows. I was ready to blow up on him now because I was so mad at the moment. Why would I meet someone for the first time and the first thing they're calling me is a 'stuff'. That was just so disrespectful.