Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"So are you ready for tonight?" Grace asked me as I was reaching for the sugar on the shelf in the store.

Grace and I are at the grocery store in the early Friday morning of Jenna's ball. We've been shopping for the ingredients her mum needs to make to do the baking for the ball.

Two months flew by so fast and we are already in December, the day of Jenna's big Christmas ball.

Everybody has been so excited about it. I've been hearing a lot of make up preparation and buying of ball dresses from different girls in my different classes. I just sit down and listen to what they have to say because as for me on the other hand, I didn't have to worry about any of that because I am going to be a waitress.

"Well looking at my own point of view, there's nothing to get prepared for since we are going to end up being the waitresses." I replied which makes Grace snorts.

"I really wish we could be part of the fun too. You know, going to buy dresses and shoes." Grace said while picking up butter from another shelf.

"Me too. But at least we get to see what the ball looks like."

Grace nods her head as her attention was towards the shelf of butter.

Silence fell as we continue looking for the items on the shopping list for Grace's mum.

After a little while, we got everything we needed and went to join the cue for the cashier.

While waiting on the line I turned to catch Grace staring at me beside her.

"What?" I frown.

"Nothing. Is it bad to admire my best friend again?" She grinned.

I grinned and rolled my eyes at her.

"So how has your prayer been going?"

I just stare at her wondering what to say although I've actually been praying for the past two months.

"It's cool. Been doing it as often as possible."

"Seen any difference in your life yet?"

I tried to look back at the few months that just passed since after I started praying. There seemed to be no much difference with the fact that Hayley is no longer really involved in my life although I see her during my gym class.

No Adam in my life either.

My life is still the same way before I met Adam and Hayley which is the usual Albert trying to talk to me, The Enemy looking for my trouble, David never following me home after school and all the same normal life routine which is homework and studying for test and my novel addiction.

Thinking of all those things make me realise there's no much difference and less problem since I started praying but well I was perfectly fine that way.

"To be honest, I haven't seen anyone lately."

Grace smiles at me. "Well something will happen soon."

"I hope not. I am fine with my life like this." I said clutching the basket I was holding.

I didn't want any more Adam or Hayley in my life or else I would die of migraine.

"Next please." The cashier ahead of us called us next.

**********

"I hate how I look in this clothe." Jo cried out while we were changing in Grace's room.

It was already an hour before the big Christmas ball and we all had to get set before time. We were already given our waitress uniform from Grace's mum's company the day before.