Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The weekend after the horrible date felt nothing like a weekend to me. I stayed in my bed all weekend. I just think about my life most of the time. I refused to even eat most of the time. I switched off my phone for the whole weekend. My brother said I was overreacting which is partly true.

On Saturday, I tried to send a message to Adam but guess what he did? He unfriended me.

I hate myself so much for accepting his stupid request on Facebook. My mum did her best to advice me to forget about the date and Adam. She told me to move on with my life and do happy things.

I've been really depressed since after the date. I thought I will be stronger after I cried that night but I wasn't. I barely want to talk to anybody except for Grace.

We are sitting in the library during our study hall class. I told her everything about the date and she's been so dramatic about it. I start crying at a point when I was telling her and she hugs me tight and tells me to stop.

"He doesn't deserve an inch of you Naomi." She said. "I believe God has a reason for everything."

"What stupid reason is there for Adam to dump me."

She shifts back and frowns at me.

"Don't say that Naomi! That's disrespectful."

I roll my eyes because I don't see any way I was being disrespectful.

"Are you still going to talk to him?"

I shake my head. "No way! Never!"

"What if he comes back to apologise?"

"That will never happen." I scowl and she just looks at me. "But if he does I will not forgive him."

"My pastor told us last Sunday that forgiveness-"

"-Please don't start!" I close my eyes.

"Well forgiveness is the best healer to a broken heart. That's all I want to say. Calm down." Grace said as she ignored my statement.

I glare at her.

She smiles at me.

I still glare at her.

Jo jumps on the free sit in front of me and Grace which distracts our eye contact. We look at her.

"Hey guys! Did you hear about the Christmas ball Jenna is hosting?" She says.

"Anything about Jenna, please don't bring it up." I roll my eyes.

"You don't have to be petty Naomi! Almost everybody is going and I heard it's going to be fun." She squeals. "Plus other school students are coming too which means we get to meet cute boys."

I groan. I hate boys.

Grace jumps as she seems excited about it too.

"Are there going to be cute Christians there?" She asked.

Jo and I just glare at her.

"Come on! that's the only way I will be thrilled to go."

***********

The day was going really fast as I was already having my last class which was gym class. I have been less active as I was still in my depressed state.

While we play basketball in the gymnasium, I just sit on the bleachers without getting really bothered about the game. I was called to play at a point but I was playing really terrible. The coach thought I was sick which I found quite funny.