Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Oh my goodness! I can't believe it!" Grace screamed. "I'm so proud of you Naomi!"

I told Grace about Adam for the first time today before I told her about our upcoming date. She's so excited about it but I've not told her that it's going to be like a blind date.

School was over and we were by the school's parking lot.

Grace has never had a boyfriend before which is the same that goes to all of us in my 'crew'. But it's only jo, our fat leader of the pack, that has had sex with a guy. She goes to the night club most of the time, despite the fact that she's only 16 because she always make use of her big sister's ID card because her sister is as big as her too and they look so much alike. Jo gets drunk before and during the club and any guy that is as drunk as her will end up on the bed with her that night. Sometimes she even has a threesome. I can't believe Jo is actually very confident and comfortable enough to tell us all these things when none of us have even experienced our first kiss.

"So what are you wearing?" Grace asked me as we got to the parking lot after school.

"Well..." I taught. "Maybe a gown."

"A gown? Naomi are you sure you're going to wear a gown?"

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah. What's wrong?"

"You know..." She takes my hand and push my sweater sleeve to my elbow. "This."

She talks about my skin.

I smile at her. "Don't worry this is the first time I will try my best to care less about my insecurities."

"Aww so sweet." Grace grins at and hugs me. "He better not be a bad boy."

I chuckle. Then I turn around around to see Hayley and Jenna's crew standing by Hayley's car. She was staring at me. My smile vanished when I looked at her.

"I will be going to church soon." Grace checks her watch and I was glad she didn't notice how my smile dropped after looking at Hayley.

Nobody knew about me and Hayley's friendship apart from Jenna and her crew. Because I know that if my friends find out, they would be upset that I'm hanging out with someone that belongs to Jenna.

"Bye." I told Grace as she pecks me on the cheek and walks away.

I look at Hayley one last time as she was laughing along with Jenna and her crew before I left for home.

*************

I lay down on my bed the moment I got home and all of a sudden, my phone starts ringing. I look at it.

It was Adam.

I jumped up on my bed and stare at the ringing phone. I was never expecting a call from Adam anytime soon but I just had to deal with this one.

"Hello?"

"Hey... It's Adam."

"I know." I muttered to myself before I replied him. "Yeah I know, I saved your number." I gave a light chuckle.

"Oh nice."

I waited for him to say something else but nothing seemed to come out of his mouth.

"I'm sorry can I help you?" I asked

"My bad." He chuckles which gives me the same bubbling feeling again. "I just called to check up on you sweetie."

I felt a light blush rush through my face.