Chapter 59

Happy new year to you all🎉

Chapter 59

"I hope she's okay? It's been two hours now." A familiar voice said in the background. It was Hayley.

"Don't worry she'll be fine girls." Another unfamiliar voice came on. "Break is over and you need to get to your next class. I promise she'll be up before school ends."

Where was I?

My eyes swung open and the bright ceiling lights were the first thing that came flashing into my eyes. I blinked and tried turning my head but I felt a sore pain on my face.

I had to take the strength to turn my head to the right  and look round, only to realize I was in a single small white ward which I guess was in the school's clinic.

Hayley and Grace were standing in front of the door while talking to a blonde lady who was probably in her late twenties and she was dressed in a white nurse uniform as she faced opposite them.

"Hey look! she's up!" Grace squealed immediately her eyes landed on me.

Hayley and the nurse turned to look at me.

"Hey guys." I mumbled.

"Naomi!" Hayley squealed too and came running to my bed with Grace. "We've been so worried about you these past few periods. Hope everything is okay?"

"Yeah I'm good." I whispered and smiled at them the moment they were standing in front of my bed.

They looked at me weirdly and this caused me to furrow my eyebrows.

"What?" I asked.

They glanced at each other and looked back at me.

"You've got a lump." They said at the same time.

"A lump?" I furrowed my eyebrows more.

They both nodded.

"Above your right eye." Grace said.

I put my hands to touch the directed spot and indeed I actually felt a lump.

"Screw Renee." I muttered. She was the cause of throwing the ball to my face.

But actually, I was the cause too. For not paying attention.

"Don't worry it's going to heal soon." The nurse said. "Just give it a little time okay?"

I nodded.

"Girls you actually have to leave now." She said as she turned her attention back to Hayley and Grace. "She'll be here till the end of school and you can check on her for as long as you want once school is over."

"Alright." Hayley groaned and turned to me. "I wish I was you. I am so tired of school already."

"Too bad for that." Grace scoffed and patted her shoulders. "We gotta go. See you later Naomi."

"Later Naomi." Hayley mumble as Grace was dragging her to the door. "I'm coming to join you once I knock my head off the desk!"

I chuckled at her silly statement while they were exiting the door. The nurse just stood at the side of my bed and stared at them in amusement.

"How are you feeling now?" The nurse asked as soon as they were out of sight.

"Not bad but my head hurts a bit."

"Let me get some aspirin to help that out." She said as she walked towards the long drawer.

I waited in silence as she checked through each pack of medicines in the drawer.