Chapter 48

Chapter 48

"I've been so pissed off with my mum this whole week." I told Grace. "Like she's just overreacting with the whole situation."

"Just let it go. Parents can be nosey at times." She said.

It was Friday and school was over for the week. This was the longest and most boring week I've had since I started junior high. Maybe because Adam was not around. Maybe I was just missing him too much. Good news was that he comes back tomorrow! My baby does not know how much I've missed him.

Grace and I were sited at the back seat of my car, listening to music and eating our single pack of walkers as we talked about my mum.

"I told mum she doesn't know anything about him and she just goes all like 'Good luck with your relationship' and I just hate it when she acts that way." I added.

"Your mum is way better." She said. "my mum, she would go all the way to kaleb's house and break the door if she finds out we are dating."

For one moment, that statement made me stop eating.

"You're dating Kaleb?!" My eyes lit up.

"Oops. I broke the news in the wrong way." She muttered. "Surprise!"

I couldn't help but stare at Grace in disdain. Why on earth would my best friend not tell me she was officially dating Kaleb?!

"Look Naomi before you blow up, I can explain." She sat up looking at me. "He wanted us to be really low key."

"But that doesn't stop you from telling your one and only best friend about it?"

"I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to spill to the other girls."

"You know I wouldn't do that." I looked at her and shook my head.

That was unbelievable of her. I lay back on the chair and just stared at the ceiling of my car astonished.

It was so disappointing that my best friend could not tell me she was dating again, after she did that the first time with James.

"I'm really sorry Naomi." She bent her head down like she was going to cry.

"When did you guys start dating?" I ignored her attitude.

"3 days ago." She looked at me. "I was going to tell you but Kaleb insists that the 'walls have ears' and once this gets to the police, he will be in big trouble."

"How old is he?"

"19. You know it's illegal for older guys to date underage girls here."

"Oh my..." My eyes lit up. "That's true."

I sat up and looked at Grace. "You've got to be really careful."

"I know and that's why everything we do should be a secret."

I nodded my head as I trusted her. It was so weird that the most religious girl I know was breaking the law, not just the school's law but the states law.

"Anyways can we talk about something else?" She said then smirked at me. "Maybe about Adam."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Well Adam is good. He is in Paris and I am just missing him so much." I bit my lips. "But he hasn't been replying my messages since yesterday."

"Maybe he's just busy."

"Yeah he has been really busy with his dad's 'wedding' plans." I rolled my eyes.

"It's so weird his dad is getting married again. I wonder how Adam feels."

"He hates it."

"Just pray he doesn't ruin the wedding. Because my dad's best friend re-married and his son got drunk and ruined the whole wedding." She shook her head. "I saw it all. It was really awful."

"I don't think Adam will go that far." I shook my head.

"Let's hope for the best." She shrugged. "Any ways, let's talk about what you're going to wear for the wedding. Anything fancy?"

"Definitely." I wiggled my eyebrows which made her giggle.

We talked and talked, till the day was finally over.

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 48