Chapter 61

Chapter 61

The table has been silent ever since we sat down with our order outside KFC. Grace and Hayley kept acting awkward and curious the whole time as they kept looking at me and Tyler who was just enjoying his meal the whole time.

Being the first to finish my meal from everyone, I sat back and stared at my single wasted nugget on the tray.

"You still eating that?" Tyler asked while glancing at my last nugget.

"Nah." I shook my head. "You wan-"

He snatched it immediately before I could finish my question. I stared at him in dismay.

"Thank you." He smirked before putting it to his mouth.

I turned to Grace and Hayley who were just looking blankly at me. I shrugged at them before Hayley turned to her phone and sent me a message.

'Why did you let him come :(' she wrote.

'Come on he's not bad. He's just keeping me company' I wrote back.

'We are your company silly :|'

'Says the one that couldn't help me with that awkward situation.' I wrote back defensively.

'Sorry I didn't have anything to say either:('

'It's cool.'

'Can you kick Tyler out now?'

'No' I snorted while clicking send before dropping my phone back on the table.

Hayley glared at me. I smirked at her in response.

Suddenly my bladder started acting up. Well this gives me the opportunity to leave this silent zone for a moment.

"I need to go to the bathroom." I told them before I stood up and walked away immediately. This was to avoid Hayley and Grace from suggesting to follow me to the bathroom, because that's what girls love to do all the time.

After getting to the ladies toilet and was done giving my bladder it's satisfaction, I stood in front of the sink and stared at myself in the mirror and sighed.

Hayley was right. I actually don't have the looks to ever date someone like Adam. I was too much of an underrated girl to date him.

If I were to fix the puzzles, Hayley is the one that could have actually been dating Adam.

I grunt at my silly thought. How could I think of such thing?

I immediately washed my hands and dried them before leaving the bathroom.

The hallway was quite full this time and people were just brushing past me. I couldn't even focus anymore and suddenly, I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I shrieked.

"It's alright." The person said and caught a glimpse of my face. "Oh it's you."

Okay this wasn't what I was expecting. I bump into Adam the second time in the past 40 minutes?

"Yhup." I shrugged and tried my best to get rid of the nervousness that was starting to get in my way.

I start making my way to leave when suddenly Adam grabbed my arm. I shut my eyes and groan.

"Look not this time Adam." I said the moment I turned back to face him.

"I just want to explain myself Naomi. You don't understand how terrible I feel about what happened at that wedding." He said.

There he goes again.

"You don't have to tell me anything about it okay? I've forgotten it and I've moved on." I crossed my arms. "Besides I have a boyfriend and I bet he wouldn't want to see us talking."