Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Picture of Grace Above)

I am glad the week is finally coming to an end, just two more periods and I am out of here.

I am in the girls locker room changing for gym class. It's my worst class because I never get to actually play any sport because everybody thinks I don't know how to do anything. All I do is just sit around and still get my grades, only because the coach is nice. Another reason I hate this class is because I wear shorts, like I never show off any part of my skin and here I am, showing off my whole legs while everybody stares at the two skin color on my leg.

As I got out of the girls locker room and entered the gym, I saw Hayley there, this is like the only class I have with Hayley and I was glad to see her here but not too much because this is her second time seeing the whole skin problem thing on my body which is completely exposed and I didn't want her to think I am weird after she called me her 'friend' yesterday.

I walk past her to sit on the bleachers when she turned to look at me.

"Hey!" She called me.

I turned to see her coming closer.

"Hi." She said.

"Umm hello." I replied while furrowing my eyebrows. I was confused on why she left her friends to meet me. "Can I help you?"

"Nope, I just came to say hi to my friend." She grinned.

"Uhh okay..." I waved my hand at her.

She chuckled. "You're so funny."

I smiled. Before I could say anything again, the coach blew his whistle.

"Today we are going to be playing volleyball." He announces.

Everybody cheered but as for me, it will be the same as always. I sat at my usual sitting position on the bleachers at the bottom last row.

"Captains, choose your team mates."

The first day we started gym class, the coach gave us two captains, a boy and a girl, George and Renee.

Renee is the type that always picks the perfect ones, she adds like one bad player and have the rest of the good players. But as for George, he's also lucky to have some good player, but there's always one person missing and he ends up picking one of the bad players that sit on the bleachers and he never picks me.

And that was the worst feeling in the world; never being chosen.

I forgot to say, The Enemy is in my gym class too. He's like one of the best players too. And as for now, Renee chose him on time.

I sit down with my head bowed down. Getting ready to sleep or so. I just want the class to be over immediately.

"Naomi!" Someone called my name.

I looked up to see Hayley in George's team.

"Come over." She said.

I pointed to myself, she nodded.

As I walk over, I could see George groaning again.

"Just give her a try." I heard Hayley tell him.

We arranged ourselves for the game to start.

The game started out well. Our team was doing well. Everyone that served made a great shot and it was my turn to serve. My teammates looked at me as if I was the worst player in the team. They didn't have any Idea of who I actually was. They didn't know me for volleyball.