Chapter 20

Chapter 20

We run up the stairs in the building as fast as we can to get to the roof top before we miss the New Years fire works.

It's two minutes till the countdown begins and Adam and I decided that we would do the new year's first second shoot at roof top.

I was already panting and we haven't gone halfway the flight of stairs. Adam was really excited about the first second of the year shoot but I wasn't so bothered because my mind was somewhere else.

My mind was on the fact that I was about to have my very first kiss and it got ruined the very second it was going to happen. The moment my breathing was out because Adam's lips was about to be placed on mine, a loud boom noise came on at the end of the entrance door which cuts everybody else from their moment as well as the pretty blonde girl from singing.

Curiously our eyes opened and turned to the direction of the noise and saw a lot of waiters and men in black suit running towards the direction of the noise by the door entrance.

An announcement was made that everyone should take their seat back for safety reasons and the problem will be solved soon. Later on an announcement was made that someone played with fireworks near the entrance door and it affected that area. At first everybody was anxiously thinking there wouldn't be fireworks anymore but fortunately for us, there was still going to be fireworks which calmed us down.

Two minutes to new year, everyone was advised to stand up and make use of the back door so that we could all countdown for new year and watch the fireworks in action the moment it's 12 am. This was one of the most exciting moment for everyone for the night.

The moment the announcement was made, Adam and I quickly carried our coats and other items and ran through another door to the stairs so that we could get to the roof top on time.

We finally got to the roof top of the building and I sigh in relief.

Finally.

The weather is really cold and Im glad that I am wearing my coat or else I would have been freezing by now. I went to the left end of the roof top and looked down to see everyone in the restaurant standing outside and counting down as they face the opposite direction of the building with four men handling the firework equipments.

"10! 9! 8!..." They counted.

"Naomi! You need to start posing now." Adam cuts me and I quickly turn around and adjusted myself.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"You look great." He said the moment he takes his camera up to his right eye.

"5!.. 4!... 3..!"

I look at the camera. This isn't something I like doing and deep down I really want to move away but it's what Adam has always wished for and I was willing to grant him this simple wish.

"1!"

I see a flash pop up from the camera and suddenly fireworks start blazing in the air behind me.

"Yes we did it!" Adam jumps while looking at his camera. He seemed so excited about it as if this was what his life depended on. Anyway I was happy for him.

"Finally." I wave my hands in the air.

I look down behind me to see everyone cheering and hugging each other as well as couples kissed each other.

I smiled at beautiful moment that was happening down there and I am sure it's the exact same thing happening in New York's time square at the ball drop. Thinking of New York, I remember Hayley. I am sure she's with Luke at the ball drop side too.