Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I check Facebook for the tenth time to be sure I actually blocked Adam from my Facebook. When I thought about him. I definitely can't stand him trying to come back to my life again. I felt relieved that I also deleted his number too.

I still wonder why on earth did I forget to delete Adam's number. But anyhow I'm glad I did.

I sigh and just look outside my windscreen of my car to see if Hayley should be coming out of her house now but she isn't.

After school today, Hayley decided we should go out and do something fun and I found that interesting but I tried to hesitate because I had a lot of homework to finish up. But one way or the other, Hayley found a way to twist my head to say yes.

I took out my Paper Towns by John Green to read for the moment before Hayley comes out.

I got to the tenth page from where I was today and paused to look up and still see she isn't out.

After what i call forever, Hayley finally shows up. I sigh in relief when I see her approaching my car.

"What took you so long?" I asked the moment she hopped into the car.

"I am sorry. I had a little argument with my mum."

"She's home?"

"Nope. Talked to her over the phone."

I nod my head and drove off.

The first ten minutes of the car was silent as Hayley just uses her phone the whole time while I drive and listen to the songs playing on the radio.

"So why did you choose the AMF bowling alley?" I break the silence.

"Mm?" Her attention was still on her phone as she was trying to also listen to what I just said.

"I said why did you choose the AMF bowling alley? Of all places to go."

She looks at me and blink. "What's wrong with it?"

"I am just asking."

She smiles at me and puts her hand on my hair. "Don't worry it's going to be fun."

She removes her hand from my hair and continue texting.

Silence fell again.

I really couldn't stand the silence. So I had to bring more questions up.

"Uhm Hayley?" I look at her.

"Mhmm?" She says as she looks at her phone.

"Why did you have an argument with your mum?"

I knew this was not my business but I trying to bring something up.

She looks at me. "Why do you care?"

I furrow my eyebrows as I look at the road. Is there something wrong with Hayley today?

"Sorry don't worry about my question."

She grins and starts laughing. "Just playing with you. Why so serious."

I just gave her a small smile to her statement as my attention was on the road. It didn't sound like a joke to me.

"Well it has to do with going to see Luke during Christmas."

"She's not okay with it?"

"Not at all. But I am still going to go either ways."

I laughed. Stubborn Hayley.

"So you've not talked to Adam since the time he called you about two weeks ago?" She asked.