Chapter 30

Chapter 30

"Hey Naomi!" Anastasia said when she opened the door for me.

After I dropped David from school, I had a long thought about what he said but it still hit me really hard that I shouldn't follow his advice. First of all, I would sound really desperate. Secondly, will it really make a difference to Adam and I?

Anyway let's leave that aside.

I rang Adam's door bell a couple of times before Anastasia opened it. It felt like he wasn't at home.

"Hello!" I smiled at her. "Is Adam in?"

She nodded her head before she moved away for me to enter.

I walked into the dining room and I could see Anastasia's books already piled up on the table.

I dropped my bag on the seat at the left end of the table.

"He's in the guest room." Anastasia said after closing the door.

"Guest room?" I asked because I didn't have any idea of where the guest room was.

"His office or whatever he described the room to you as."

It snapped to me that he was in his studio or 'room of earth' as he told me the first time.

"Thanks." I told her.

"No problem. If he is looking for me, I am taking a nap. I'm reallyyy tired." She said tiredly before she turned around and run up the stairs.

I walked to Adam's room of earth and knocked on the door.

"Come in." He said.

I walked in and he was leaning on the office table with his two palms resting on the them as he was typing into his laptop ahead of him. He looked up the moment he saw me.

"Hey! You came." He smiled while turning back to his laptop.

"Yup." I said while clapping my hands together. "What have you been up to?"

"I'm registering for this big photography contest that is due in 2 weeks. It's for The Museum of Contemporary Photography."

"That's really nice." I nodded.

"And best photographer's work will be displayed in the Museum in Chicago on April 27th-"

"Did you say April 27th?"

He nodded and furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?"

I can't believe he didn't know what April 27 was.

"You can guess." I fold my arms and leaned on the wall beside the door.

"Your junior prom?"

"No dummy." I chuckled. "It's my birthday!"

His mouth opened in surprise.

"That skipped my mind." He said.

"Yeah yeah." I rolled my eyes.

"Can you give me a few minutes." He said before turning back to his laptop.

I stood there while he was looking through his laptop. To keep myself busy in the silent condition, I walked round the room and stared at the pictures all over again. From the birds to the sky to the zoo and the rest. I also stopped at the picture of his little sister on the swing. She looked two years younger than she was there. She was smiling with her baby teeth that had little spaces in between them as well as her short black hair blowing in the wind. She wore this pink modest sundress dress which made her look really cute.