Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Naomi wake up." I feel someone shaking me.

I open my eyes to see my annoying brother standing infront of my bed.

"Why are you disturbing me?" I groan.

"It's 8 pm you need to get ready."

"Get ready for what?"

"Your stupid New Year's Eve date."

I jumped on my bed to sit up.

Oh my God!

How can I forget today was the second date with Adam!

I check my alarm clock to see it was 8:15 pm and I am supposed to be meeting him by 10 or rather before 10.

I feel so tired and lazy to do anything at the moment.

I lay back down on my bed and groan again.

"You really need to get your lazy ass up." David said. "Plus I woke you up for a reason."

"Which is..?"

"You will drop me off at Amanda's before you go for your date." He folds his arms.

"What makes you think I will do that?"

"I woke you up duhh."

I roll my eyes. 

"So is that a yes?"

"No."

"I take that as a yes." He snickered before he turned around to leave the room.

"I take that as a yes." I mimicked him and rolled my eyes.

I sit up and sigh.

So tonight is going to be another big date. I really hope this date turns out well.

After an hour and a half of getting ready, I just stand in front of my mirror frozen.

I don't think I will look as good as the last time.

I wore a simple black Long sleeve and knee length dress that my mum got for me last Christmas. I couldn't blame myself for wearing such when it's about 6 degrees outside.

I check my time to see it was 9:37 pm. I need to get going before I go late.

I run downstairs to get my hanging long black wool coat and blue winter scarf.

"David come down! I am leaving!" I shout as I put my coat on.

"Calm down I was just in the kitchen." he said as he came out of the kitchen already fully dressed.

Amanda must have put some sense into my brother. Crushes actually do a really good job to a person.

Without answering I open the door and walk up to my car while David locks the house door because mum and dad were out for a dinner.

After my brother hops into the seat beside me, I start the car.

So Naomi, this is going to be your actual first date all over again. Don't freak out okay?

I nodded to my silly thought and start moving to whichever destination we were going to first.

*********

I got to the restaurant five minutes before time and I was glad to be just on time.

Adam and I decided to make a change of restaurant as he told me about one German restaurant that does something special every New Year's Eve with entertainment and fireworks.