Chapter 11

The above picture is to give you an idea of what vitiligo looks like. This is Naomi's condition.

Chapter 11

We've been sitting down in the restaurant for about thirty minutes without any of us saying anything. There was just this awkward silence around us. Neither of us knew what to talk about.

I've been using my phone to stalk people on Facebook while Adam on the other side was using his phone too. The waiter has already taken down our order and they seem to be taking long to bring our food.

When I told him I was Naomi, he still had the same expressionless face. I really want to know what he thought of me and to make matters worse, he hasn't been talking. I am genuinely sure he has been surprised that the 'baby girl' he talks to on Facebook is me.

Adam seems more unpredictable than the way he is on Facebook. I saw him as the extrovert and happy type but tonight made me rethink of who he is.

I look at him and gave him a small smile but he doesn't smile at all which makes me feel really uncomfortable.

"So is this your first time here?" I break the awkward silence.

He shakes his head with the same expressionless face.

Silence fell again.

I sigh and check my watch to see its only 7:30 pm.

"Can you excuse me to the bathroom?" He finally talks.

I smile and nod my head then he walks away within a swift of seconds.

I took my phone and called the only person I knew that would know how to help me in this condition.

"Hey Naomi!" Hayley exclaimed. "How's boo boo doing?"

I roll my eyes when she said the boo boo word.

"He's obnoxious." I said catching my breath. "He doesn't want to talk to me."

"Aww poor you. Why don't you try talking first?"

"I did but all he does is nod his head and look at his phone."

"He's probably shy. I don't blame him when he's looking at a hot lad." She blurts out.

I groan. "Hayley this is serious. I need help."

"Maybe you should keep talking, then he will flow along with the conversation. Especially if you talk about something he's interested in."

I tried to think of what Adam was most interested in because he used to tell me a lot of things but I couldn't figure out.

Photo-

Yes pictures!

"Photography!" I exclaimed

"Photography?" Hayley asked on the other end of the phone.

"Yes photography. That's what he is interested in."

"Boring. Goodluck bringing a conversation about it."

I chuckle at her words because it's true. Photography can be boring but what else can I tell Adam that he will be so interested in.

"Thanks for the help."

"Anytime pretty one. Don't forget to spice me up about the date tomorrow." She squeals.

"Yeah yeah. Bye Hayley before he comes back soon."

"No problem girl! Have fun!"

I hung up the phone and checked around to see if Adam was approaching but I'm glad he wasn't.