Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Maybe I don't love him.

Grace thinks that I actually don't love him because she said how can I love someone I havnt kissed. The question is have I kissed my mum before? She hesitated to my question and tried to explain about the mutual love between a boy and a girl. She thinks it's too soon for me to love Adam. Plus she thinks love is a very strong word.

I let that thought get away from my mind as I shift my attention towards my food and Jo's talk.

"I was so freaked out when I saw him." She told us.

School started so soon and everyone has just been talking about Jenna's ball for the past 3 days. Today is Wednesday and yet the cafeteria still seems to be going on with the topic. Jo has been telling us on the table about what went on as she was a waiter. At the moment she's talking about one of the guys she had a one night stand being there.

"Did you talk to him?" Grace asked.

"No way! I ran away." She snorts which makes everyone else laughs. "But he didn't seem bothered."

That's boys for you.

"Did Naomi tell you about hers?" Grace asked the rest of the table which makes my head snap up.

"What is wrong with you!" I snap.

"You know who I'm talking about." She winks. "That vitiligo guy."

That's when I came to realisation that she wasn't talking about Adam. Thank God.

"I didn't talk to him so what's your point." I roll my eyes.

"Wait there was another one she bumped into with a tray." Jamie asked. "Is that the same guy?"

"Nah but there seems to be something fishy about that one." She winks at me again.

"Oooo." Jo and Jamie whistled at the same time.

"Screw you Grace." I glare at her.

I hope she wasn't ready to start spilling anything about me and Adam.

"Anyway he-" Grace was cut by someone standing behind me as all eyes were behind me. They didn't seem happy at all.

I turned and to my surprise I saw Hayley standing there with her lunch on her tray.
I smile at her as she looks at me.

Was I the only one happy that she was here?

"Hey." She said in a low tone. She didn't seem happy too. "Would you mind if I join you guys?"

Did I hear join us??

Was a whole Hayley Anderson asking if she wants to join me and my cafeteria friends on the same table?!

"Sure!" I jumped before the rest of the table could hesitate.

I move a little as she gives a small smile and sit beside me.

She slowly starts getting her cutlery to eat as the rest of us all stare at her in silence. Hayley just looks at us then slowly try to take her first bite of her meal in an awkward way.

To be honest we were making things awkward for her.

"It's nice to have you here." I break the silence.

She smiles at me and nod her head.

"So guys this is Hayley." I point at her to the rest of the table as if they never knew who she was.

None of them looked bothered except for Grace who was smiling. Jo seems like the one that really hates the idea of Hayley being here.

"So Hayley this is Grace, Jo and Jamie." I point at each of them as I call their names.