Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Friday flew so fast. I woke up with a nervous feeling because I knew today was going to be a big day for me. Grace fell ill and did not come to school today and I was so lonely without her despite the fact that Hayley does not want us to keep communication in school.

I was walking down the hallway in school when I heard a banging sound which makes me scared. The hallway was empty because most people were in class.

I walked closer to the sound and saw The Enemy pushing Albert against one of the lockers. Poor Albert was trying to push back but he was not strong enough. I tried to see if I could turn back and pretend that I didn't see anything but I felt bad for Albert.

So I decided to make a move and stop The Enemy from bullying Albert during class.

I rush towards them before The Enemy realises my presence and the action yet to come. The moment I came close to them, I get in between them and push them apart.

"Hey! What's your problem?" The enemy says and glares at me after I pushed him and come in front of Albert to protect him.

"What is your problem asshole?" I look at him.

He frowns at me so hard like he was going to tear me apart. I was scared of his reaction but I was not going to show it to make him look better. Then his frown turns to a laughter.

"What do you think you're doing cow bee? Saving your fellow cow?" He says as he chuckles.

His words were really mean but I didn't let it hurt me. I will not let him get away with it this time.

I didn't reply him. All I did was glare at him and make him know that I was serious. After all, silence is the best answer to a fool.

His smile goes away as he saw how serious my reaction was. Then he turns away.

"Well you passed your luck today, miss." He gave me one last dead look and smirks before he puts his hands in his pocket and walks away.

I turn to Albert who was behind me.

"Are you okay?" I asked the the moment The Enemy was out of sight.

Albert nodded.

I gave him a small smile before I turn on my heels to walk away. Then Albert holds my arm before I could take another step.

"Thank... You..." He says slowly.

I smiled at him one last time before I finally left him.

********

"Naomi come on!" Hayley said as she was looking at me while I held out one of my old green dresses in my hand.

After school, Hayley dropped by at my house to get prepared for the big date. She seemed more excited than I was.

For the past twenty minutes, I've been bringing out different dresses I've had for years now that I thought was useful for a date but Hayley disapproves all of them.

"But this one isn't bad." I whined. "Look It even has a ribbon around it."

Hayley gives me a flat look.

"What? Ribbons are perfect." I shake my hands in the air as I sit down on the bed.

Hayley joins me to sit down on the bed as we were hopeless. We've come to the point that Ive missed one of the most important aspect of a date: the dress.

"So what are we going to do now?" I ask Hayley. She shrugs.

I sigh as I lay back on the bed. I'm completely messed up.