Chapter 64

Chapter 64

After punching her in the face, Jenna struggled as she held her hands to her nose which was starting to bleed. She was so annoyed that she was trying to get off the car but Lola pulled her back and Dawn drove away immediately.

She expected me to be scared of her annoyance but I wasn't. Because she was never going to see me again. Unless in her bad dreams.

After the car drove away, I looked at my slightly hurt right fingers that resulted from the punch.

"Screw you Jenna." I muttered.

I looked at the empty road that led to Lake Carnegie.

It was time for me to go.

I walked all alone by the road with a lot on my mind. Few cars passed but none stopped to consider why I was all by myself in the middle of an empty street.

The world surely never cared about my existence.

Jenna's words kept playing in my head and couldn't stop. I was too much of a waste of time to everyone around me. I never belonged to the real world. If I did, I wouldn't have looked like this in the first place. I only existed to make people feel good about themselves.

I looked at my hands.

The two skin colours on them. They were so ugly and disorganised. Why was it so hard to have just one normal skin like everyone else?

I wasn't watching my way when suddenly I stumbled upon a rock and fell down. My bag was open and the stuffs from inside fell out.

Could this day get any worse?

I stood up in frustration and packed up my junks from the floor back to me bag. They were useless school stuffs and all I just want to do is throw them all away.

On picking the remaining few, I stumbled upon a ring that was together with the few things on the floor.

It was Adam's promise ring.

Looking at it just makes me want to cry. It reminded me of the lies Adam promised. This frustration was getting way too much.

I quickly packed everything back and ran to where I was headed to. That was the only place that could take all my problems away.

In good time, I got to the back side of Lake Carnegie where the waterfall was. I climbed up the little hill to get to the top of the waterfall and stood on the side of the land beside it.

I stood near the waterfall and dropped my bag to the ground. It was necessary to leave it there just in case if the cops found my dead body inside the water and needed proof of identification.

I stared down at the ground below the water fall. It was quite deep for me to get rid of my problems and... Myself.

I sighed. This was my chance to stop feeling sorry for myself. This was my chance to get away from all the fake people in my life. I know if I die, I won't ever have to have vitiligo in my next life. It would be way better if I even lived in Africa in my next life.

All I need to do was start all over again. And this was the one opportunity I had.

I raised my left finger and stared at the promise ring in my finger.

"Adam," I whispered, "I promise you won't have to worry about your fake promises anymore. I promise that I will be happier in my next life. And I promise that.... My death will make you happier too."

And it was time.

I took off my shoes and left them at the corner. I walked over to the very edge of the hill beside the waterfall.

One more step and I was down.

I was starting to feel the tears coming down my cheek. I knew this was wrong but this was for my own good.

I imagined David and Mum looking at me anxiously from a distance.

I could also imagine Grace, Hayley, Jo and Jamie screaming for me to stop.

But it was too late.

I took the one step I need to end things. Before my legs could get to the wind, someone's arms came over me and grabbed my waist from behind and pulled me back to the ground. Next thing I'm on the floor with an unknown stranger behind me.

"Please don't." The unknown stranger said from behind.

And I knew whose voice that was.

__________________
END OF CHAPTER 64